PDA

View Full Version : Baffle: n. A lever for operating the throttle valve

bisonbison
09-30-2004, 05:14 PM
BB is very tight and not very aggressive preflop but is okay postflop. The button is loose, but no further read.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls...

SomethingClever
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
BB sure isn't playing tight in this hand, but if that's your read, I'm probably folding the river.

Edit: Furthermore, I've seen very tight players play AA this way on several occasions. That's what I think he has.

James Boston
09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Why go into call down mode when a loose player makes a single raise and there's only one overcard to your pocket pair?

Lost Wages
09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Folding isn't an option since the turn checked through. Raising doesn't look so good either as you will only be called by hands that beat you. The only argument that can be made for raising is that you might get the button to fold a scared ace but I don't think that the pot is large enough to warrant that. Call.

Lost Wages

spamuell
09-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Do you usually call these down? I mean if the button bets the turn and river.

It looks like you were going to here because I'm assuming you're calling the turn unimproved if you called the flop raise and ditto the river, unless you think that the button's betting on all three streets greatly increases his chance of having an A so you fold the river, but I'd guess you don't do this because the pot is big by then.

bisonbison
09-30-2004, 07:21 PM
I was planning on folding the turn unimproved because the BB coldcalled the flop raise. If I'd picked up a gutshot, I might have stuck around for 1 bet.

spamuell
09-30-2004, 07:35 PM
So if the flop was A9xr then you're folding to the flop raise.?
Do you really think that the draw to a gutshot draw makes much difference?

bisonbison
09-30-2004, 07:42 PM
I don't like to fold to raises on the flop if I have a legitimate hand. You never know, you may see a free river.

Danenania
09-30-2004, 07:46 PM
I think in this case you have to fold to the flop raise. Metagame considerations and your very longshot outs just won't ever make up this 1 SB in an on-line 3/6 game.

spamuell
09-30-2004, 07:46 PM
You never know, you may see a free river

Yeah it's a factor but this happens like 10% of the time I would say. That's just a complete guess though based it never happening when I want it to.