PDA

View Full Version : bottom set

BottlesOf
09-30-2004, 04:25 PM
5/10 true, pretty full

I limp early with sevens, 3 limpers follow as do the blinds.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds check, I bet, one caller, LMP raises, folds to me, I 3-bet, caller folds LMP caps, I call.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif]

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call.

River: brick, I check call.

Too much/not enough? just right?

junkmail3
09-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh, there's the edit. I was confused for a long time.

Preflop: Looks good
Flop: I like
Turn: I like
River: You're only scared of AA or TT here. No raise preflop means no AA, likely, TT may not have raised, AT wouldn't have raised (well, maybe, depends on read) I think he may have hit top two, that or the TT. He could be on a flush draw. It would be nice to know your read on this player.

In retrospect, I might have bet/called the turn, or even 3-bet and call a cap.

I would lead the river and call a raise.

So, here it is, revised:
Preflop: Good
Flop: Good
Turn: Bet/call or cap
River: Bet/call

I don't know if that makes sense, but you're ahead too often here to check call the river I think.

But what do I know?

Lost Wages
09-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Way not enough. He surely would have raised with aces preflop and probably tens as well. He has 2 pair here much more often than a better set. Cap the turn and lead the river.

Set over set is very painful when you are on the little end but on a non-straight, non- flush board, if you always play your bottom set as the best hand you will be money ahead.

Lost Wages

Bob T.
09-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I wish I knew more about my opponent and what limit we were at, but it is either just right, or you could have bet the river and called a raise.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

BottlesOf
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
i edited it a tad

jcm4ccc
09-30-2004, 05:01 PM
I think he was slowplaying AA (preflop). Or he had TT. The best you could hope for was that the guy was an idiot and was capping with AT.

You certainly can't fold 777. I think I would have slowed it down at the turn, checked him until the river. The guy was never going to fold, and he was showing incredible confidence (or stupidity).

I put him on AA.

Lost Wages
09-30-2004, 05:10 PM
I think he was slowplaying AA (preflop)...The best you could hope for was that the guy was an idiot and was capping with AT.

Limping with AA after 2 limpers would be much more idiotic than capping with top two pair.

Lost wages

junkmail3
09-30-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he was slowplaying AA (preflop). Or he had TT. The best you could hope for was that the guy was an idiot and was capping with AT.

You certainly can't fold 777. I think I would have slowed it down at the turn, checked him until the river. The guy was never going to fold, and he was showing incredible confidence (or stupidity).

I put him on AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a 'well when the results come, I may be the only one right' post? Or were you the other player?

The only way you come up with AA, is though speculation. You could get this action with two pair easily. I personally don't think the guy would cap AA on the flop if he didn't raise them preflop. That's the type of player who's always looking for a trap! He's wants to keep you in, thinking he's extracing money from you, when in fact he's losing money.

So, I don't think he has AA, and if he does ...

jcm4ccc
09-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Well, I didn't say the guy was smart, but I still think he has AA, or possibly TT.

Either the guy is totally bluffing (so he keeps raising in hopes of a fold), or he is totally confident that he has the high hand (and he keeps raising to put more money in the pot, now that he has a fish). That's how I see it. So I put him on AA. Maybe TT, though I don't think so.

Also, I don't think he would cap each time with AT. With four limpers, there's too much of a possibility of a two-pair getting beat by a 3-of-a-kind. With AT, I think he would have slowed down on the turn (when it was apparent that his opponent had a good hand and wasn't afraid to bet it).

I would check on the turn, and check on the river. There's too much money in the pot to let it go, given the possibility of a bluff. But I still put the guy on AA.

nepenthe
09-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Having played the turn as you did, I would be inclined to go for a checkraise on the river. If he has TT, so be it. If he has AA, I get out my notepad.

Capping the turn can't be too bad either.

Nate tha' Great
09-30-2004, 07:25 PM
You slowed down too soon.

Nate tha' Great
09-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Capping the turn and leading the river gets the same number of bets in as a check-raise. Capping/leading is probably slightly better because a check-raise attempt could fail if a flush card comes. In fact, calling a 3-bet and then going for a river check-raise should be reserved for fairly rare situations in which you think an opponent might fold to a turn 4-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Having played the turn as you did, I would be inclined to go for a checkraise on the river. If he has TT, so be it. If he has AA, I get out my notepad.

Capping the turn can't be too bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trix
09-30-2004, 07:45 PM
I would have bet the turn and 3bet if raised, I would really hate if he checked behind. If he caps the turn, then the river will usually be check-call I guess, though its hard to put him on something that beats you given his preflop plaý, but unless he is a complete clown, then he should probably realize when you 3bet the turn that you have a strong hand.

TheHip41
09-30-2004, 07:47 PM
The only hand you are losing to is TT. I think he has two pair often enough to cap the turn and lead the river. If he raises the river, I'd just call. If he has TT, or AA somehow, make a note of it.

STLantny
09-30-2004, 07:50 PM
HANZ AND FRANZ SAY<
WE WILL PUMP THIS UP

BottlesOf
09-30-2004, 11:35 PM
He had aces.

jcm4ccc
10-01-2004, 08:20 AM