PDA

View Full Version : illinois games

08-24-2001, 02:56 PM
anybody have any home no-limit games in illinois that they wouldn't mind an outsider playing in? there aren't a whole lot of options in illinois as to games, its pretty much the Hollywood in aurora, or else drive to indiana or iowa. im just looking for other games to play in, and id love to get some no-limit experience in. i understand if you are wary of outsiders in your game, you should be. but if you are open to a new player, id love to check it out.

08-24-2001, 03:58 PM
i dont have a regular game, but wouldnt mind starting a small no-limit game

08-28-2001, 01:13 AM
I'm also looking for a no-limit game to play in, as I have no real experience playing it (except with a few friends a couple times), but it really appeals to me. I'm working on getting some people who would be willing to play no-limit. Where exactly are you located in Illinois? How much are you wanting to play with (like a minimum buy-in)?

Thanks -Dan

08-29-2001, 04:23 PM
put my name down on this list too. Just moved out to chicago, haven't had a regular poker game since college... be interested in any game buy in $200 or less and could even host the game if need be... let me know

08-31-2001, 03:48 PM
im still interested. i don't really have the time to organize anything, or the space. but if anybody decides to get something together, email me. baggins99@hotmail.com or jwagner@aisatech.com

09-03-2001, 06:15 AM
Where in Illinois are you located?

09-11-2001, 01:43 PM
i am in the south burbs. lockport/orland park area. you?

09-18-2001, 03:52 PM
I know I'm kind of late to the game here but I recently moved to the Wrigleyville area and would love to find a smaller no limit game to play in. $100-$200 buy in would be perfect... I don't know if you guys would prefer to play bigger but if that's about right I'm at superman_steubenville@yahoo.com.

Thanks

mb

09-18-2001, 08:51 PM
Hi, I have a nice size No-Limit game going. I've got a cardroom in the basement of my college house. I know Dinsdale knows who I am. I live In Platteville, WI. It's in the southwestern part of WI. You could carpool with someone up here. We also play limit hold em and tournaments. Email for questions and I'll put you on my mailing list

sheckler@hotmail.com

Sheck

09-20-2001, 03:45 PM
It would be nice to get an email list those interested in home games (I would be interested in NL and limit) for Chicago. I live on the near north side and play low stakes with an erudite group of pals.

I would be interested in the kind of game mentioned as well as others.

10-03-2001, 03:02 PM
Hi all-

Seems like there's a chance we have enough for a chicago game (been totally out of the loop for a while so maybe there already is one going). Anyway I live in Lincoln/Belmont area of Chicago... kind of new out here, and unlike the rest of you shady sharks I actually haven't played no limit since 50 cent ante games in college. I'm 27, interested in any game, could host too, but if nobody shows up I'll be stuck sitting here playing peanut ante with my non-gambling housemates. Help me /images/smile.gif Anyway just set up a new email account so please if anyone is interested let me know. Maybe we could set something up for this weekend.

Rob

PS Does anyone know if having a house game is breaking any law?? My understanding was that if there is no rake it's perfectly legal. If I'm wrong about this someone please let me know...

10-05-2001, 11:51 AM
I posted an answer to the same question yesterday on the Hold'em General forum, but I didn't see your post until today. Home poker is illegal in Illinois even if there is no rake, but it is rarely enforced. I practice criminal defense law in central Illinois, and I have never seen a prosecution for home poker, although there is at least one interesting Appellate Court opinion on the subject (from the 80s), so it has happened.