PDA

View Full Version : AJ on a dangerous board

BellyBuster7
09-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

Do you put BB on a flush or a King and fold here? Does my A/images/graemlins/club.gif nut flush draw give me enough cause to call or raise? SB was very loose but I didn't have a read at all on BB. What should I have done here?

zram21
09-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Even if the BB has a flush or a K here you should call. You are getting the odds to draw to your nut flush. If he has the K you ahve to dodge the /images/graemlins/club.gif that will make him a full house, but you are still getting proper odds to call.

Chris Swiedler
09-30-2004, 02:06 PM
You have a guaranteed 9 outs for the nut flush, and probably 3 more for Aces with a decent kicker. That's around 1:4 odds and the pot is giving you 6.5:1. Absolutely call. No need to raise since you're still just on a draw.

zram21
09-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Not to nitpick here, but you don't have 9 completely clean outs here. The 5, 7, or 8 of clubs puts a potential straight flush on the board. And if the opponent has a K then one of the remaining clubs likely makes his opponent a full house.

I really wouldn't discount the draw because of the potential straight flush, but subtracting an out for the potential full house certainly makes sense giving our hero 8 outs. Which he still only needs 4.75:1 to call. So obviosuly he should still call.

Marquis
09-30-2004, 02:30 PM
If BB has a K you have 8 outs. If he has a flush you have 7 outs. He might already have a boat, although pretty unlikely. I think you can probably call, but it's not the greatest spot in the world.

Marquis
09-30-2004, 02:41 PM
I miscalculated. Definitely call.