PDA

View Full Version : Lucy in the Sky with Aces

Danenania
09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I kind of got lost here. I felt that I should have either 3-bet the turn or bet the river (or checkraised the river, not that it would have worked). Either way I'm sure I missed a bet somewhere. Where should I have gotten it in?

MHarris
09-30-2004, 02:13 PM
That's a pretty non-threatening looking turn card. I'd 3-bet here unless my read on the button is pretty passive. Q9 is a possibility, but so are QJ, AQ, or even JT or KJ trying to steal the pot from AK. If button caps it, I'm check-calling the river.

John Paul
09-30-2004, 02:24 PM
I like the turn raise too. You are probably ahead, but you could always be out-drawn on the river. If the button reraises, you might be in deep, but either a call or a fold are good for you.

ngkent
09-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Make the turn 3...that 9 of diamonds is an ugly card though isnt it =[