PDA

View Full Version : No limit in San Francisco

08-22-2001, 06:00 AM
Going to SF and want to play some no limit at Lucky Chances. Never played no limit before. Couple questions? 1)What are Lucky stakes? I hear pretty big. 2)What kind of bankroll do I need? 3)Who are the best players that I should stay away from/watch to learn how to play the game right? I just read a post a couple days ago saying the best two are Sam B and Alex Roberts. The way I learned limit was by watching the best. Are these the guys to watch and learn from?

08-23-2001, 06:11 PM
Going to SF and want to play some no limit at Lucky Chances. Never played no limit before.

As much as I want to feed Tommy's bankroll, I am forced to advice you that this game is not the one to start your first ever no limit session. If you've never played no limit before and you are not independently wealthy, you should avoid this game. (Sorry Tommy).

1)What are Lucky stakes?

Buy-in is $1000. I would say the average stack is around $3000. As the game progresses stacks get bigger. $30k pots are not THAT unusual for this game.

2)What kind of bankroll do I need?

You need about $10,000 for the night. You need $15,000 if you are loose and aggressive.

3)Who are the best players that I should stay away from/watch to learn how to play the game right?

The funny thing is, it doesn't matter. If you are to have any hope of doing well, you should be good enough to figure out who is a tough player within twenty minutes at the table. If you can't identify who to avoid and who to go after within twenty minutes, rack up and leave. It sounds harsh and condescending but it's the best advice you'll get about the game.

That said, watch out for Bobby Hoff. I hear he's pretty good.

natedogg