PDA

View Full Version : How To Induce Bets

banditdad
09-30-2004, 12:24 PM
I get a monster and everyone folds. Is there anything I could have done to induce bets?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (2.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

Akimka
09-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Looks like flop totally missed other players... I'd bet flop because of hands like KQ, JK, QT and otber crap may call to see turn. In this case that kind of hands that haven't hearts may call your bet but after 3rd heart falls thay never call your bet. Even Ax hand may and should fold. I think flop bet is only reasonable way to get more money because you get called with xhxh AND some overcard trash too... But i'am rookie /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Bet the flop, nobody will put you on a 3 and they will call with their overcards.

On the turn I think you can bet again, there is now a 3 flush so you will get called by most any heart.

On the river, I guess nobody had a hand worth calling with in a 2.5BB pot. Would have sucked if someone had the 2h.

Rhone
09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
I agree. You know that expression, "Hope springs eternal in the human breast"? On the flop someone almost always thinks they have a chance given two more cards to come. When you wait to the river, you take a chance: sometimes someone will think they made a hand, and sometimes no one will. Better to take advantage of a greater certainty at the beginning of the hand.

Rhone.

brettbrettr
09-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Bet bet and bet again.

bisonbison
09-30-2004, 01:10 PM
sigh. bet the damn flop.

Goon2
09-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Bet the flop. Sure hope springs eternal, AND it's only a SB to call. By the turn your opponents have less hope and it's more expensive to call, making you less likely to get them to cough it up.

Of course the irony is you don't have the nuts (2h).

banditdad
09-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for the replies.

Well I guess the answer is if I ever flop a monster like this again I'm going to bet it out and screw the slowplaying. It has taken a long time but I have finally learned that being tricky at micro limits does not work.

Entity
09-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Playing hands at the microlimits is like arguing with a three year old. The best way to convince them you don't have something is to tell them you do.

So you bet, tell them you have quads, and they say "nuh uh" and call the flop to prove you wrong. Then one or two calls the turn to "keep you honest", and if you're lucky, checkraises you on the river with ace high.

It's happened to me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob