PDA

View Full Version : how do you read these guys?

stinkypete
09-30-2004, 12:16 PM
no reads on either villain, less than 3 hands with each of them.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

basic stuff. very nice flop. nice cold calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB calls.

ugly card. now i have the cold callers to worry about. but why is UTG betting? does he really have two pair? can he be bluffing after i raised him on the turn? can i fold here? should i raise? that call felt way too weak.

River: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

aaargh. wtf do these guys have?

why isn't UTG betting? doesn't he have two pair? did he bluff twice? did he decide to bet his weak jack on the turn after i raised him on the flop? aaaaaargh. put this guy on a hand.

is BB checking a weak queen?

did i miss a value bet? i really have no idea.

Final Pot: 12 BB

wabe
09-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Preflop: SSHE says to call in middle position with AJo. Raising is OK.
Flop: Raise is good.
Turn: Hmm. He bets out after your flop raise. The call is good, although as you say, you have no information on his hand. Would a raise be better here?
River: Did you foil a check-raise? I would've bet here, then cried when calling a check-raise.

Weak two pair from either one is possible, I suppose, but I can't see someone calling a raise preflop with 63s (never mind 63o).

(By the way, I suck at hand reading)

UTG: KJ?
BB: Jx? A6?

Very odd hand.

topspin
09-30-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: SSHE says to call in middle position with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

My copy says raise. I must have ordered the LAG edition /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm like you, I bet the river and feel stupid if I get check-raised. If UTG has QJ, the more natural place for a check-raise would be the turn; since you raised on the flop, you're almost guaranteed to bet the turn if he checks.

wabe
09-30-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm going off of the PDF file that was bouncing around here a week or so ago, since I'm at work. The loose limit page says to call; the tight limit page says to raise. Time to get out the red pencil, I guess.

stinkypete
09-30-2004, 04:40 PM
UTG had KQ, BB had A4.