PDA

View Full Version : The Men Who Stare At Goats

Bez
09-30-2004, 11:50 AM
According to this lame magazine I'm reading right now, some guy called Jon Ronson has a book coming out in November titled 'The Men Who Stare At Goats'. He claims that the US Army is bringing back training where recruits try to kill goats with a 'death stare' as well as walking through walls and becoming invisible. I wish I could believe this really goes on - watching one of these training sessions would be great.

nicky g
09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Jon Ronson wrote a very entertaining book on extremist sects and cults called "Them." There was TV series that went with it, both are well worth checking out. Thanks for the info, I;d be very interested in reading this.

elwoodblues
09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
watching one of these training sessions would be great

[/ QUOTE ]

The cartoon bubble in my head shows 100 troops lined up facing a brick wall and running full speed face first into it. Good times.

nicky g
09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
"The cartoon bubble in my head shows 100 troops lined up facing a brick wall and running full speed face first into it."

Sounds like you;re describing the Iraq conflict to me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. (Not good times).

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2004, 12:31 PM
wow, is this the type of [censored] you guys read in the UK?

MaxPower
09-30-2004, 02:04 PM
No, we are spending our money on missle defense which is likely to be about as effective as the death stare.

This reminds me of that Monty Python sketch where they have the world's funniest joke that causes people to laugh themselves to death.

Bez
09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
The US Army should sign up the killer rabbit - he was brutal.

The once and future king
09-30-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The US Army should sign up the killer rabbit - he was brutal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, they aquired the holy hand grenade years ago.