PDA

View Full Version : Semi-interesting $15/30 hand

TomCollins
09-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Table is full of a ton of maniacs. Player to my right will chase with any 2 cards that can make any draw (2 undercards to a gutshot straight when the board is paired and has 3 of one suit he does not have, 1 overcard with no kicker, etc.) Table seems to gone into tilt mode as he is up over $2500 at the table. I lost a lot to him on some crazy hands, but managed to recover.

I don't play much limit, but this table was unreal in how juicy it was because so many bad players were around and all the decent players were tilting. So this could be fairly standard, but let me know what you would do different. SB in this hand tends to 3-bet my raises somewhat regularly, but I have yet to see what he has had since he has played too aggressively after the flop for me to get to showdown with my hand.

Folded to me in the CO, I raise Q /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Button folds, SB 3 bets, BB folds, I call.

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He checks, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he caps. (uh-oh, he really isn't messing around).

Turn: 4c. He checks, I bet, he raises, I call.

River: 9d. He bets, I call.

1) What did he have?

2) Should I have played any differently on any street?

stoxtrader
09-30-2004, 11:49 AM
I think you are missing value by not 3 betting the turn.

steveyz
09-30-2004, 11:52 AM
If SB is as aggressive as you say, it's a definite 3-bet on the turn.

TomCollins
09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
That was my thought. I really started to think he had A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. I agree 3 betting, and he if caps, I just have 2 more bets to call. I have the 3rd nuts at this point, seems like I played it wimpy.

At the point he checkraises the turn AFTER the flush hit, what hands do you put him on. I figure he is VERY strong at this point.

ActionBob
09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Definitely 3-bet the turn.

-ActionBob

ActionBob
09-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Putting him on the nuts at this point is really seeing some monsters under the bed. Sure, that hand is a *possibility* and must be included in his range of hands at this point. But he could also easily have hands like AcAx, KcKx, AcJx, JJ, 77, 22, etc.

-ActionBob

stoxtrader
09-30-2004, 12:23 PM
it's good to see you posting a bit, love reading what you have to say.

TomCollins
09-30-2004, 12:27 PM
He flips JJ for the flopped set.

I actually put him on the JJ as the most likely hand, but his turn checkraise surprised me. Looking back, I know I should have 3 bet the turn and if he caps, call the river. I guess too much NL for me, where I actually can worry about him having Axc, but still, I played like a puss. I wonder if he would have capped the turn. There is a decent chance I missed out on at least 1 or 2 bets.

elysium
09-30-2004, 01:04 PM
hi tom

you should go ahead and 3 bet the turn, and it's not close. the limit games can get expensive in a hurry if you don't know what you're doing. since you didn't three bet the turn, you must raise the river.