PDA

View Full Version : Serious response only please

nopepper
09-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Ok guys, this is more of a read question than anything else.

Opponets are a player called SOX. Now I have played with this guy before and hes fairly solid, havent seen him raise much likes to limp alot with big suited connectors..will raise with big PP only.

Other opponet is Mark Seif. Most of you know my feelings about this clown but if you dont he is an interent fish with a large bankroll to put it litely.

On to the hand

Im on the SB with AKo I raise..Sox makes it 3 bets to go, Seif predicatble 4 bets it I call as does Sox.

I have Sox directly on either QQ or KK...Seifs raise could mean anything from 76 suited to the obvious

Flop is AK7 rainbow

I lead out, SOX calls (now I have him on QQ,JJ, Seif calls..still unsure what he has)

Turn is a 7 completes rainbow.

I lead again, SOX raises (feeler bet perhaps) Seif Cold Calls (standard play from him..may have PP now hoping to get lucky) I 3-bet? The both call cold. From this line there i sno reason to think Sox has me beat still have him on QQ or JJ..Seif who knows.

River 9

I lead again, Sox Calls, Seif Raises. OK, this muthfcker is rasining now?? WTF. I call as does SOX. Now I know seif got there with his 99 but i call anyway (mistake)?

I show my AK, SOX mucks and later says he had QQ, Seif shows 99 for the win.

Questions are the following:

On the Turn, anyone else 3 betting here?
River, there is a value bet here correct or should I have checked this river?
On the reads, If I have Seif on PP and he raises the river I have to call down right? Now many of you may think how I put Seif on this, I have played quite a few hands with this guy, his patterns are very easy to read and putting him on this hand isnt too difficult.

response welcome on all streets. pls ans the quetsions as well

Cleveland Guy
09-30-2004, 10:30 AM
I am assuming this is a higher stakes hand, but I like both the 3-bet and the river call.

I like the 3 bet because you have Top 2 pair. yes Seif could have a 7, but I think he is still way behind more often than he is ahead. I think your way ahead and will get more bets out of people chasing/behind. This isn't a draw heavy board, so they are probably both drawing to only a couple of outs.

The river call - I know it kills you, but against a guy you say is this big of a fish, I think it's mandatory. By folding you give the image he can raise and raise on you, and you might have had nothing. I might even show my cards here, I would want this guy to know he hit his 2 -outer, and that I wasn't playing trash. I want guys like this to draw to their 2 outer every time against as many bets as possible.

stripsqueez
09-30-2004, 10:32 AM
you want me to tell you how to play against 2 guys you know intimately and be serious about it ? - i'll do my best

i think SOX is a chook if he wants to spew chips into a capped pre-flop 3 way pot with QQ when AK flops - the other guy is plainly a chook - i think any line that involves me not being out raised till perhaps the river looks good

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

nopepper
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the response. As for SOX's play, the play from him seems as if he had me on jj or 1010 and was unwilling to conceed. The play is a little LAGish especially calling the river bet (by the way, my notes on SOX has been update to teriable post flop play)

As for Seif, there is no ryme or reasing to this guys play, I can not figure for the life of me why he plays this way.

ChicagoTroy
09-30-2004, 11:00 AM
I assume this is an online game? SOX called the river, you should know exactly what he had.

tripdad
09-30-2004, 11:59 AM
you played this hand fine. what site are these two playing on and what limit?

cheers!

nopepper
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
sorry guys... this was 25-50 on absoulte