PDA

View Full Version : College game of the week

mikelow
09-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Notre Dame +3 over Purdue: Purdue coming back to earth in this one. They have showed some vulnerability on the road, and I think Notre Dame will control clock to keep Purdue's offense off the field. Going with the home dog in an emotional and close game.

YTD: 1-1-1

wporter
10-01-2004, 12:41 AM
im gonna have to disagree and say the best game is obviously Auburn vs. Tennessee, and not just because i go to Auburn. its #8 vs. #9. it was a 3 pt. tenn fav., but it might have changed a little. purdue and ND is going to be a great game though, cant wait to watch it.
wporter

Beerfund
10-01-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im gonna have to disagree and say the best game is obviously Auburn vs. Tennessee, and not just because i go to Auburn. its #8 vs. #9. it was a 3 pt. tenn fav., but it might have changed a little. purdue and ND is going to be a great game though, cant wait to watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's talkin about the bet of the week, not so much the game. anyway I think your both wrong, game of the week
Arizona St +3 at Oregon

ASU has blown out Iowa, one of the best defenses in the Big 10 and easily beat Oregon st who should have beaten LSU.
Too much is being put on the ASU running back situation, the fact is that all Andrew Walter does is throw TDs. devils are for real this year, they roll this week and get ready for USC on Oct16 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wporter
10-01-2004, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think he's talkin about the bet of the week, not so much the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry i guess i didnt read it to well. good luck to the sun devils and hope they pull it out against USC in a couple of weeks!
wporter

Oski
10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's talkin about the bet of the week, not so much the game. anyway I think your both wrong, game of the week
Arizona St +3 at Oregon

ASU has blown out Iowa, one of the best defenses in the Big 10 and easily beat Oregon st who should have beaten LSU.
Too much is being put on the ASU running back situation, the fact is that all Andrew Walter does is throw TDs. devils are for real this year, they roll this week and get ready for USC on Oct16 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ASU certainly did not "easily" beat Oregon St. In fact, ASU was damn lucky to win. Furthermore, Walter looked awful against OSU, he repeatedly overthrew receivers and only had 140 yds passing.

Why was ASU lucky? Did you see the fumble as OSU was crossing the goal line which would have put OSU up 14-7? Further, OSU ran up and down the field on ASU, but self-destructed each time with (sometimes) bizarre turnovers.

It was a really strange game.

With that said, I do think Walter pulls his head out this week and lights up Oregon.

scalf
10-01-2004, 03:14 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif uh-oh... lol..

scalf likes the irish and the under..

watch out

gl

/images/graemlins/club.gif

Beerfund
10-01-2004, 10:21 PM
ASU certainly did not "easily" beat Oregon St. In fact, ASU was damn lucky to win. Furthermore, Walter looked awful against OSU, he repeatedly overthrew receivers and only had 140 yds passing.

Why was ASU lucky? Did you see the fumble as OSU was crossing the goal line which would have put OSU up 14-7? Further, OSU ran up and down the field on ASU, but self-destructed each time with (sometimes) bizarre turnovers.

It was a really strange game.

With that said, I do think Walter pulls his head out this week and lights up Oregon. [/quote]

Whoa cowboy! lets give ASU's defense some credit. yea oregon st made some crucial errors but after watching the replay today I cant see how you can say they ran up and down the field on them. ASU was in control the whole game and even without a strong game from Walter they still managed to be productive on offense and control the flow of the game.

MicroBob
10-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Last week his Game of the Week was Northern Illinois vs. Bowling Green (which I agreed with even though we both lost).

In this forum...a "good" game means you like the line and think there is significant value in it.