PDA

View Full Version : Just started using Pokertracker

kirisim
09-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Two questions about Pokertracker:

1)First of all, is this the correct 2+2 forum to ask about pokertracker? will the pokertracker experts see my posts here?

2)after how many hands does it become significant??

Sheriff Fatman
09-30-2004, 11:18 AM
1) Yes, but PT posts pop up everywhere on 2+2 so search all forums for threads.

2) You can get some use from PT straight away, particularly with regard to using the game time window for info on players at your table and for reviewing your sessions/hands. Some stats you get on players (such as VPIP%) don't take long (e.g 2-3 orbits) to give you a reasonable read on the player's pre-flop standards.

The wider hand analysis stats need at least 10,000 hands before the short-term impacts become less significant. Even then you will still have anomalies in there. At a guess, I say that 50,000 hands is probably the stage where Sample Size Man would feel comfortable, although he'll probably add his own view at some point.

The key point is that PT is a massively useful tool immediately, but becomes more useful as you fill up the database with hands.

Sheriff

ChicagoTroy
09-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Can somebody please explain how the game time window works? I can launch a game window under utilities, but a) only one (not good for multi), and b) it comes up empty. I'm assuming I'm looking at the wrong thing, but I've no idea...

Sheriff Fatman
09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Wait until you've got a few histories imported from your current session. One you have, click on preferences in the game time window and you'll see a list of your recent sessions. Click on the table you want and the player info for everyone will import automatically.

Now, as further histories are imported, the stats will update for the new hands and player names will update for people joining and leaving the table.

My preferred set up is 3 tables open, taking a quarter of the screen each, and 3 sets of game time stats in the other quarter (you can just fit them if you just have the player list showing rather than the seating plan). This is pretty much perfect for a 1600x1200 screen.

Sheriff