PDA

View Full Version : Another Hand For Critique (Do I reraise Bluff?)

Poker Jon
09-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey All,

Another hand for critique and one that I encounter semi regularly.

Stars $11 rebuy tourney - mid stage of tourney 450 entrants, 200 left again.

Blinds - 400/800 a50

I have about 22k on the button and look down at AQo. All fold to me and I raise to 2400. SB folds and BB calls (25k).

Flop

K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I bet 2000, BB raises to 6k.

I used a lot of time on this decision. I didnt feel that the SB had a king or else he would have called and maybe lead out at me on the turn.

Can I re-raise all in here (for another 11k or so and represent the king), or do I HAVE to fold?

Cheers,

Jon

AceKQJT
09-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Personally, I would fold here. If you know your opponent very well, and you know he would resteal with a hand as weak as yours, then a re-resteal would probably be OK.
There are only 1 or 2 people that I play live with that I would attempt this with. The question isn't whether he has a K or not...it goes a little deeper than that:

1) He must be capable of recognizing your bet as a steal
2) He must be capable of re-stealing
3) He must be capable of laying down hands as good as a PP to your re-resteal.

I just don't run across opponents that meet all of those criteria very often.

On a side note, I think I like the play better if you had a PP J-J or higher.

--Casey

SossMan
09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
I would fold. Looks like he's calling you with his pocket pair.

next hand please.

Poker Jon
09-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I put my opponent on a small PP or Ax (no large PP as I felt he would have reraised me pre-flop).

I decided to re-raise all in and my opponent folded and said that he had 55 and put me on AK.

I don't mind my play here, as I feel that the only hands that will call me here (AA, KK, AK, QQ and JJ) would have reraised me pre-flop. I think this is a tough call for my oppnent with Ax or TT or less. Even if I get called, I still have outs.

Any other thoughts anyone?