PDA

View Full Version : Too Laggy?

MarkL444
09-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Bigdaddydvo
09-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Not Laggy at all. You have a strong suited hand that is fantastic multiway, and you're building a good pot to potentially win. Getting all this money in has the added benefit of tying you to the pot w/backdoor straight and flushes. Now at the flop, do everything you can to win

JimRivett
09-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Nothing wrong with your initial raise, however I'm not sure about the cap. Without knowing the players I'd tend to call, and decide what to do once the I see the flop, remember the button cold called 3 small bets! A cap won't thin the field, your position is bad and you may be dominated.

Regards,
Jim

Noodles
09-30-2004, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have a strong suited hand that is fantastic multiway, and you're building a good pot to potentially win. Getting all this money in has the added benefit of tying you to the pot w/backdoor straight and flushes. Now at the flop, do everything you can to win

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i see this advised a lot here on these boards,havent seen it in any books i have though
so say a guy raises UTG gets a lot of cold callers could i rasie in the button with hands like JQs,JTs and such as they are good multiway,
what about KQs, would a rasie be dangerous cos of the fear of being dominated?