PDA

View Full Version : good idea or getting carried away?

chezlaw
09-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Playing paradise 10/20 5 handed with favorite maniac to my right.

Same maniac as has featured in a couple of previous posts, played 1300 hands against this guy and he has seen 1299 flops. PFR 45%. Great fun

I raise UTG with KQ, button (plays weakly but must have a strong hand to call here) and BB (maniac) call.

Flop: T64r

Maniac checks, I bet, both call.

turn: 6 - all check.

river 4.

board is T6644. Maniac bets which is an autobet and means nothing at all.

I'm thinking about raising:

I'm probably behind.
maniac has random hand and will call with A or better 2 pair, raise with a boat and fold otherwise.
button has a strong hand but may fold an ace?
I'm getting 11:4 on the raise.

I'm not confident in this type of situation. Is raising here good, good idea but pot too small, or silly?

Thanks

chez

Benjamin
09-30-2004, 10:09 AM
I think it's an interesting spot to throw a raise in there. Certainly would like to get heads-up with the LAG here. If you think button is likely to fold an ace then I say go for it. What else would he check through the turn with? Wouldn't he bet any pocket pair there?

B.

Dov
09-30-2004, 12:25 PM
I like the raise. You are much more likely to win HU against the maniac and if the button will throw away the winner, so much the better.

chezlaw
10-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys. I just folded but at least I thought about raising, so I'm improving /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Button had AQ, good chance he would have folded.
Maniac had 52o bless him.

chez

sqvirrel
10-01-2004, 11:08 AM
played 1300 hands against this guy and he has seen 1299 flops

Misclick? Bet he was bumming.

Mossy
10-01-2004, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same maniac as has featured in a couple of previous posts, played 1300 hands against this guy and he has seen 1299 flops. PFR 45%. Great fun

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to know what ONE hand this maniac didn't think was worthy of playing!