PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit books

08-12-2001, 12:50 AM
Hi

I just started playing pot limit at ccc poker and I need some advice on what books I should buy. Iam especially interested in the omaha high pot limit game.

suggestions are appreciated

08-12-2001, 05:38 AM
the one by Caffione & Reuben is a good read. although i don't play much big limit so I don't know for sure how good it is...I have read it and it makes sense..plus a lot of others have said it is the best. the only other one, really, is Supersystem, and that may be a bit out of date.

08-12-2001, 10:55 PM
The only one? Hmmm, .......try Championship Pot-Limit and No Limit Hold em by TJ Cloutier and Tom McEvoy.

08-13-2001, 12:06 PM
Dear Asle, I would definitely recommend the Ciaffone/Reuben book, or all other works by Mr. Ciaffone, for that matter (the more general poker book "improve your poker" has a good big-bet section as well). Still, if you're relatively new to big-bet poker, the C/R book might not be such an easy read for you and you might find it better to start with the Championship Omaha book by Mr. Cloutier- even though I think the C/R-book is a lot better. Make sure you read some of Mr. Ciaffone's big-bet columns from Card Player, and I will keep on writing about PLO myself in my Poker Digest column. Good luck to you, Rolf.