PDA

View Full Version : Big pot KK hand

mauisupaman
09-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Party Poker loose aggressive table. What do you think of play on each street?

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (21 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Thanks,
Adam

Bill Smith
09-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Looks standard to me. A raise on the flop accomplishes little, and because nobody got too excited there and on the turn, I'd feel good about the turn raise. Well played.

crockett
09-30-2004, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A raise on the flop accomplishes little,

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You have perfect position for a flop raise. It is highly unlikely that anyone will not call your raise. This will put more money in the pot.

If hero doesn't raise and SB leads again on the turn, I believe what happened is atypical. Most loose low-limit players use the turn as their street to decide to stay or not. I think hero was fortunate that he was able to raise so many callers on the turn.

crockett
09-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Pre-Flop: I'm not a big fan of AA/KK limp.

[ QUOTE ]
loose aggressive table...

[/ QUOTE ] especially in this situation.

Flop: I would raise.

chson
09-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Your hand is not vulnerable on the flop so you should raise for value.

Victor
09-30-2004, 11:05 AM
I would raise the flop. You likely have the best hand but it has reverse implied odds meaing it will go down in value in later streets. So raise for value on the flop when you are verry very very likely ahead.

However, having the bettor and all callers in front of you waiting until the turn is not too bad either. This is because you cant protect your hand on the flop and you will tie your opps to a large pot and therefore cant protect you hand on the turn (since it will likely be checked to you and all your opps will face only one bet.) Also, you really wont know where you are on the turn.

Still, it is important to get money in the pot when you know you are ahead especially if you wont know if you are ahead later. On this flop, you know you are ahead, but on the turn and river you cant be so sure.

car ramrod
09-30-2004, 11:13 AM
You definately have to raise the flop, It looks to me like BB was on a double gut shot draw, and hit it on the end, although a raise may not have made him fold. BB - 79 ?

Victor
09-30-2004, 11:52 AM
Dude...he aint folding an 8 outer in this bigass pot.

mauisupaman
09-30-2004, 01:46 PM
This was actually a 15-30 game, but it played so much like a low limit game I thought I'd post it here to see what you guys think.

Preflop - I was certain it would be raised behind me and I would welcome almost any hand including 97 to go 4 bets with me even if it's multiway. So, I went for the limp reraise even though I would usually only do this with AA, but the game was jamming every pot and I couldn't resist.

Flop - I believe I had a significant amount of pot equity here although with that flop containing a straight and flush draw my hand was sensitive to a number of cards on the turn. Also, with the SB betting my position prevented me from protecting my hand and I had only two outs (I'm certain many draws would call two bets cold had I raised and the SB 3-bet). So, I only called the flop for the following reason. I thought my pot equity would increase by a significant amount if a favorable card came on the turn so I passed up a +EV on the flop to go for a larger +EV on the turn when the bets doubled.

Turn - The T comes and that appeared to be a bad card for me. However, the action said otherwise. The flop better leads out again and everyone in between just calls once more. With no raise on the flop and now on the turn it seemed likely that my overpair was still good. So, I popped in a raise to collect bets. I was really only concerned about SB having something like AT and thought it might also be possible that he would 3-bet here with a number of hands since he was one of the LAG.

River - Despite a possible staight completing on the end had there been a 97 out there, everyone checked to me. So, I followed with what I thought was a value bet. If someone had bet up front I would've just called. BB then comes to life and CR and its an easy call for me.

Results - BB bluffed with Axs looking for that diamond. MHIG /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for all the comments.
A hui hou,
Adam