PDA

View Full Version : My biggest pot yet! PRAISE ME!!! sorry

siccjay
09-30-2004, 03:44 AM
I just had to post this, sorry. Anyone play this differently? I almost folded pre-flop but I felt with as many cold callers I could see the flop for 3/4 of a BB. Flame away if you like NOTHING can hurt me after winning this pot!!!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Sicc is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Sicc calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Sicc checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Sicc calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Button calls, Sicc calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Sicc checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Sicc 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Sicc calls, BB calls.

River: (22 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sicc 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Sicc calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 34 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 34 BB, between Sicc, BB and UTG+1.</font>

milesdyson
09-30-2004, 04:13 AM
Nice hand.

Somewhat of a style thing, but I would probably bet out on the flop.

siccjay
09-30-2004, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand.

Somewhat of a style thing, but I would probably bet out on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want UTG to raise me and make the whole field call 2 cold.

Good thinking here?

I did almost have a heart attack when it almost got checked around.

Peter Harris
09-30-2004, 07:21 AM
you're closing the action for 2 SB on the flop. I'd 3-bet the flop; after calling along most people wouldn't make you for a monster and i think the turn and river would get capped just the same, with an extra few bets in the pot.

Regards,
Pete Harris

kiemo
09-30-2004, 11:20 AM
I dont really understand why you didnt 3 bet the flop as you had everyone trapped for an extra bet.

Might have been to set up your turn check-raise, but to me that just screams slowplayed flush.

But then again your opponents probably didnt even notice where that 3rd turn bet came from.

So nice hand