PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on turbos?

Karak567
09-30-2004, 01:44 AM
I don't know whether playing a turbo is worth it or not.

If you look at it from a wage perspective, you make more money for your time with turbos if you cash in them all the time.

They are also easy to squeeze in when I only have an hour or so to play.

But on the flip side, for a tight player, such as myself, if I don't get cards, I literally get blinded to death before I know it. If I do catch cards, however, I can just ride it to the end, and make a quick buck.

What do you guys think?

Gramps
09-30-2004, 03:20 AM
I definitley like the Poker Stars turbos better than the regular SNGs from a time perspective. Regular Party SNGs kick arse in that they take less time and are probably more profitable than Poker Stars regular SNGs, given that Party bases the blind increasing on 9 hands vs. 10 minutes.

It's fine to play tight, but you have to shift gears when the blinds move up. So...you just have to shift gears quicker. Even if you play tight in a regular SNG, you're going to have to do that at some point anyhow...

kuller
09-30-2004, 10:34 AM
I find there a great change from party which atm seems a little tight! Just make sure your getting more then your fair share of 1st's....

oscar057
09-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I personally do not like them. They seem too much like a crap shoot. I played one last week. We had multiple allins the first several hands. After 11 hands (and before I played a single hand) we were down to 4 players.

UsedToBeARock
09-30-2004, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally do not like them. They seem too much like a crap shoot. I played one last week. We had multiple allins the first several hands. After 11 hands (and before I played a single hand) we were down to 4 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like heaven to me...

PrayingMantis
09-30-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a serious post, well done for writing one of the most absurd paragraphs I remember reading here, and the competition is very very tough!

Karak567
09-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I just gave it a shot at two low buy-in 15 + 1 turbos on PS. I placed 3rd in the first one, and placed 1st in the second one. It was a nice take of cash for 1.5 hours, 64 dollars.

PoorLawyer
09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
i used to play the 15+1 turbo hi/low stud tourneys on stars and they are great and you can cash most of the time with some tight early play. I have recently been playing the 30+3 on party though and they take the same amount of time and are even easier so far...i have done 8 of them and cashed in all but 1, so I guess i vote for party over the stars turbo at least at the moment

TruePoker CEO
10-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Truepoker has added Single Table Speed S&Gs, NL Holdem, with 4 minutes for rising blinds. (We aimed between Stars and Party there.)

We are looking for input on player preferences on structuring/restructuring blinds, starting chips et cetera for S&Gs with Speed, also for multi-tables with Speed.

Feel free to email me at management@truepoker.com

Truepoker CEO

Phill S
10-17-2004, 06:01 PM
does this classify as spam?

anyone tried a ladbrokes turbo. 1500 in starting chips, and rising blinds every 5 hands.

yes you read that right.

same juice and a total time of 15-20 minutes.

so you think stars does crap shoots...

Phill

rjb03
10-17-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does this classify as spam?

anyone tried a ladbrokes turbo. 1500 in starting chips, and rising blinds every 5 hands.

yes you read that right.

same juice and a total time of 15-20 minutes.

so you think stars does crap shoots...

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Try royal vegas poker's extreme turbos. You've seen nothing yet.

TruePoker CEO
10-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Nah,`Phil .. I would not call it spam because:

1. The thread asked for opinions, which I gave about ours, but, more importantly,

2. We are really interested in improving our SPEED tourney offerings and am asking for player input from 2+2ers. Truepoker often has sought such advice directly from 2+2ers in other forums here. We often take it to heart and act on it.

I am making no attempt to fool anyone here. I am looking for player input to tune our Speed tourneys offerings to what you and others might want to see, "crapshoot" or otherwise.

David Gzesh, CEO
Truepoker

mackthefork
10-18-2004, 05:22 AM
They are definitely not a crap shoot, they last about 50 hands, too many people limp and call, they are basically dead money no matter how tight they are, calling is the way to lose in these things. Also they seem to have a reverse gap concept idea, like they push AK AQs JJ+, and limp call with AT+ and PPs under TT, and KQ and occasionally much worse. Hourly rate should be higher playing these imo.

Regards Mack

mackthefork
10-18-2004, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is a serious post, well done for writing one of the most absurd paragraphs I remember reading here, and the competition is very very tough!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, what do you do if its down to 4 after 11 hands and you still haven't played a hand? Hope like $^%$ its down to 3 after 12. Wow you are right I missed that its priceless.

Regards Mack