PDA

View Full Version : Angels in first

Dominic
09-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Just reminding all you guys debating whether the Red Sox or Yankees will play the A's...

Troy Glaus' 2 run bomb after a 10-pitch at bat vaults the Halos into sole position of first with 4 to play...

Any Yankee fans out there actually want to play the only team that has a winning record against them in the last 10 years?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zeno
09-30-2004, 01:56 AM
The A's and the Cubs are stumbling around. The A's are doing it before the postseason this year instead of wanting for the playoffs.

Cubs are just playing as usual.

Great September Baseball! Will only get better the next few days.

-Zeno

andyfox
09-30-2004, 11:36 AM
As a Yankee fan, I'd much rather face the Angels in the first round than the Twins. Not having to face Santana twice would be good news. If I'm the Angels, I'd prefer the Yankees to the Red Sox, thus avoiding seeing Schilling twice. Neither the Yankees nor the Angels have such a doninant pitcher at the top of his game.

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just reminding all you guys debating whether the Red Sox or Yankees will play the A's...

[/ QUOTE ] I said about three weeks ago that Anaheim would probably win the division. This weekends series between the two of them will be nuts!

Clarkmeister
09-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Man, I love the Angels. All heart. The team from two years ago was one of the funnest teams to root for in a long time.

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2004, 11:56 AM
not if you a giants fan.......

There is no reason for this Angels team to not be good, I mean they got rid of freakin Scott Spiezio!

B00T
09-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I am a die hard Angels fan. My cousin roomed with Salmon in Fresno St back in the day. Since 93, and years of misery, and logo changes, and name changes, this team is on the track for success. I think a ton of credit goes to Scoscia (still the best Manager of the Year candidate with all those injuries and lineup shuffles) and their heart. Clark hit it on the head, but I do hope your Cards collapse just so Edmonds remains a loser. With the exception of Guillen, each and every one of them are in it for the team.

I hope that the players union can win this appeal for Guillen. As much of a Milton Bradley - Ron Artest he is turning into, they frickin need him.

As an Angels fan and living in New York, I think they are best playing the Yankees. They dismantled the Yankees in the ALDS they played in 2002. They set tons of offensive records for the postseason in that series. This pitching staff of the Yankees is worse. The Angels staff is better since then. Colon finally appears to have his act together.

It will be interesting to see who gets seeded againist who. I think the Twins have no chance to win anything. Santana is Santana but beyond that, they have next to nothing.

Sit back and enjoy the show. Go Angels!

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
let me get this out of the way, I hate the angels, never have liked them, never will. But I hate Oakland even more, so I suppose I am "rooting" for them by way of default.

Scoscia manager of the year? Please, look a little northeast and see Minnesota's Gardenhire. Easily the manager of the year in the AL. I wouldn't want to face the Twins, they have been solid since the all-star break.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Twins have no chance to win anything. Santana is Santana but beyond that, they have next to nothing.

[/ QUOTE ] This is what everyone said about Anaheim in 2002 and Florida in 2003. Minnesota has a good team, with a lot of contact hitters, speedy lineup, good(not great) starting pitching, a lights out closer, and duh duh duh, the Dome!

Boris
09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure I can forgive him.

andyfox
09-30-2004, 03:31 PM
If memory serves, I believe I got picked off third base in the 1996 World Series when I was with the Yankees.

Ugh.

andyfox
09-30-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm leading off for Texas today. After making out in my first three at bats, I now have four hits in fifty at bats this year. That works out to .080.

Ugh.

Boris
09-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Buck up kid. At least your in the Show.

Although I'm not sure why.

andyfox
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
My rookie year I hit .196 and fielded .958 and Torre put me on the post-season roster.

I ended up oh-for-five today. Down to .077.

Boris
09-30-2004, 05:09 PM
You must be friends with Karl Rove.

Sooga
09-30-2004, 11:29 PM
that is PRECISELY why I love the Angels. And not just 2 years ago, they've always been a pretty blue-collar team. Brian Downing, Dick Schofield, all those old school guys from the 80's. And this is PRECISELY the reason I hate the Dodgers. They've just always seemed to be a white collar ninny team to me (only recent notable exceptions off the top of my head being Kirk Gibson and Eric Gagne).