PDA

View Full Version : The Houston Astros are your new NL Wild Card Leaders!!

atomicbran
09-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Cubs suck.

GuyOnTilt
09-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Go freaking 'Stros!!!!!!!!!!!

GoT

Clarkmeister
09-30-2004, 02:05 AM
I'll enjoy watching the Astros get swept yet again in the postseason nearly as much as I would have enjoyed watching the Cubs get their hearts broken again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeno
09-30-2004, 02:08 AM
With San Diego beating the Giants in 10 innings this helps both the Astros and the Dodgers. The Dodgers bullpen blew it tonight aganist the Rockies and wasted a great pitching effort by Perez.

The Astros sweep the mighty Cardinals. They play the Rockies at home I think for their last series. They have a good chance to take the NL wildcard - especially if the Dodgers can win 2 out of 3 in the up coming series with the Giants and the Cubs continue their losing ways.

-Zeno

Ryner
09-30-2004, 02:17 AM
<---Phillies fan.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

andyfox
09-30-2004, 11:32 AM
You know, of course, Mr.Cardinal, that the team with the best record in baseball has won only one time in the past dozen years or so. So a championship may not be in the Cards.

Clarkmeister
09-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, I look at it like this:

The Braves can't win the NLCS because they are the Braves.
The Astros can't win a postseason game because they are the Astros.
The Cubs can't win the NLCS because they are the Cubs.

I'm only worried about the Dodgers and the Giants. As long as we don't have to play both of them, I like our chances.

nolanfan34
09-30-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm only worried about the Dodgers and the Giants. As long as we don't have to play both of them, I like our chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Cards fan, I like this analysis. I think the Dodgers are probably the team the Cards match up against the best for an NLCS series. Plus they have history on their side when playing in the playoffs in LA. Maybe they can get Tom Neidenfuer to throw out the first pitch if they play in Chavez Ravine...

andyfox
09-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I think the Dodgers have gone three and out their last three playoff appearances. Or at least the last two anyway. They haven't won a post-season game, methinks, since 1988.

Phat Mack
09-30-2004, 03:47 PM

You forgot to add, "The Giants can't win in the postseason because they have Bonds."

And we haven't even dipped our toe into American League waters yet. What's the name of that team in Boston?

PS: Go 'Stros

Ulysses
09-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Whatever, STFU. I thought of you when the Astros swept the Cards.

Clarkmeister
09-30-2004, 08:15 PM
How's it felt all year being 15+ games behind us?

GuyOnTilt
09-30-2004, 08:20 PM
How's it felt all year being 15+ games behind us?

How's it felt having a .167 headsup record against us in the second half and getting swept for the second time this season? See you in the NLCS.

GoT

Uston
09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I see you've managed to forget about games five, six, and seven of the 1996 NLCS.

Maybe in a few years I'll be able to forget about game seven of last year's ALCS.

Clarkmeister
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How's it felt having a .167 headsup record against us in the second half and getting swept for the second time this season?

[/ QUOTE ]

The losers always worry about things that don't matter. "we beat your team when the games were exhibitions".

[ QUOTE ]
See you in the NLCS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it. The next playoff series Bagwell wins will be his first. He better come a little stronger than his career postseason .128 batting average if they hope to get out of the first round (assuming they are fortunate enough to qualify for the playoffs).