PDA

View Full Version : 1st hand post

Messy Harry
09-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Assuming that some of you are critical of my decision to complete the small blind (am I correct in this?), was my check raise ill-advised on the turn? Should I have check/called or check/folded the river??

0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Villain took the pot with JQ

zram21
09-30-2004, 12:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. In egenral you should not post the results of your hand in the first post. It will skew the responses.

The completion in the small blind here was fine.

Flop looks good.

You should be this turn. Since UTG+1 only called your 3-bet on the flop there is a good checn he will check the turn through and you don't want to give him a free card to catch a better two pair.

The river was fine.

The results were unfortunate, but other than check-rasing the turn the hand looks good.

Messy Harry
09-30-2004, 12:58 AM
Thanks for your input. How do you do the thing where the results are in white at the bottom?

Gatts
09-30-2004, 01:00 AM
The complete isn't terrible. 3 others in the pot, so you're getting I think 5.6:1 on your call. It's a little on the thin side, IMO.

I don't like the turn check-raise. You might just be giving him a free card.

Quercus
09-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Preflop and flop are good.

If the villain doesn't significantly improve his hand on the turn, he's not betting here, and you've just given him a free card. If he does bet, you really don't want to be check-raising him.

zram21
09-30-2004, 01:01 AM
Don't even put the results in the bottom of the post in white. Just leave them out all together and after you have given people time to respond or you got the answer to the question you were looking for make a seperate post with the results in it. That will give you the best responses.

Messy Harry
09-30-2004, 01:06 AM
So if I bet out on the turn (instead of checking) and get raised, would you then fold or just call it down?

Thanks.

Gatts
09-30-2004, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if I bet out on the turn (instead of checking) and get raised, would you then fold or just call it down?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not folding. The question is to 3-bet or call down. I probably call down if raised on the turn figuring him for J7, 77, or QJ.