PDA

View Full Version : 30-60, Turn play with quads on board

Jacob
09-29-2004, 10:03 PM
30-60 full game. I am in MP with KK. UTG raises I reraise. MP+1 caps.
3 players see the flop.
Flop - 8 8 8. UTG checks. I bet. MP+1 raises. UTG folds. I reraise. MP+1 calls.
Turn - 8 8 8 8. Whats my play here.
My thinking if I bet he might fold JJ lower, even QQ. If I am beat then I just have to pay him off. Also, he might try to bluff. No free card can hurt me too much.

Thanks for your comments.

Analyst
09-29-2004, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
30-60 full game. I am in MP with KK. UTG raises I reraise. MP+1 caps.
3 players see the flop.
Flop - 8 8 8. UTG checks. I bet. MP+1 raises. UTG folds. I reraise. MP+1 calls.
Turn - 8 8 8 8. Whats my play here.
My thinking if I bet he might fold JJ lower, even QQ. If I am beat then I just have to pay him off. Also, he might try to bluff. No free card can hurt me too much.

Thanks for your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this - free cards can't hurt you too much? There are quads on the board, and you're in a kicker war. The river can't hurt you at all, unless a K comes and you chop with someone holding QQ/JJ. You're likely either behind AA (possibly AK), tied w/KK (unlikely) or ahead of QQ (possibly JJ, but unlikely).

So you'll need to pay 2BB to win the ~9.5BB in the pot if you check-call down, and you're almost certainly not a 5:1 dog. 6 ways to have AA, 8 ways to have AK, 6 ways to have QQ and 6 ways to have JJ (but I'd discount this one). Even without JJ, you're only a 14:6 underdog, so check-call down. This assumes that villain is equally likely to bet with any of the listed hands, of course.

elysium
09-30-2004, 12:56 AM
hi jacob

just call him down.

SinCityGuy
09-30-2004, 05:36 AM
When the 4th quad card hits and I'm out of position, I bet 100% of the time.

Gabe
09-30-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've answered your own question.