PDA

View Full Version : what the...

wuwei
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
The read on SB is LP-P through a 100 hands in PT. The c/r on the turn startled me a bit, hence the call.

Your thoughts on the turn and river action are appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...

Gatts
09-29-2004, 10:11 PM
BB either made his flush (looks like Tx/images/graemlins/heart.gif) or is doing a very nice job convincing me. SB check-raised you. You probably beat SB's JTs, TT, or 33, but he might just have KQ.

Am I good here 1-in-5? I call 2 here, and if it's capped to me I'm dropping.

Bukem_
09-29-2004, 10:46 PM
I think you can fold here.

It's 3 to a flush, 3 to straight, 3 to a straight again, not that big of a pot, and you have to cold call 2 bets and beat two people.

Sucks letting go of a set of aces, but i think you can here.

wuwei
09-30-2004, 12:56 PM
This was an odd one. I decided I should call for a few reasons. The flush came running, which makes me less inclined to believe the BB has it. I've got top set, which means there's a lot of hands that people might think are good here that I have beat.

So I call 2 bets on the river. The SB folds, BB flips over his l33t slowplayed set of 3s, and MHIG. Go figure.

doughhater
09-30-2004, 01:33 PM
I think that your problems in the hand stemmed from you inexplicably weak turn play. I know that you were surprised by the sb's check raise, but it is imperative that you three bet this turn. On the rare occaisions where you are beat, you still have outs to the best hand. Also, by showing signs of weakness, you have now told the bb that his hand has a good chance of being best. Kudos to you for making a tough call on the river, even though the call was made much tougher by a poor play on the turn.