PDA

View Full Version : Who's running this (bleeping) show!

Toro
09-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Unbelievable. Tampa vs. Red Sox tonight. Pedro had nothing. Sox behind 5-3 after 4 innings. They go to the dug out for the top of the 5th and it's apparent they tell Pedro he's done. And it's also apparent he's pisssed about the decision. Everybody and his brother tries to talk to him during the half inning as B.K. Kim warms up in earnest like he's coming into the game.

So what happens? Pedro comes back out to start the 5th while Francoma looks sheepish standing in the dugout. Fuhgettaboutit Red Sox fans. No way this is leads to a World Championship. First, it's obvious Pedro's pitching like bleep(not to mention Lowe's stinker last night). Add to that a manager who can't or won't run the team.

Sorry to say, it ain't ganna happen.

ThaSaltCracka
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
haha, funny stuff.

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-29-2004, 09:48 PM
We're looking at a team that is mentally exhausted. Like a basketball team that rallies from 35 down in mid-3rd quarter to get within 4, then fades in the 4th. They need a rest.

The good news is, it looks like the Yankees are going to sweep the Twins today and the Sox are going to lose. Once there's no real possibility of winning the division, the Sox can hoefully recharge their batteries for the important games next week.

andyfox
09-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Relax. They'll be fine.

SlyAK
09-30-2004, 12:58 AM
I say rest up Schilling for the post-season now that the AL East is absolutely done. Pedro looks awful, (I fell asleep watching the game earlier this evening, always a bad sign that our pitching is poor). Lowe and Wakefield arent getting it done either.

Sadly its looking like Arroyo is seriously the #2 pitcher right now. I have never seen Pedro look so confused as he has his last couple starts, (when I've been awake). Obviously somethings wrong, hopefully he can figure it out by the postseason. I dont think we can go far with only 2 decent pitchers.

Sly