PDA

View Full Version : get tricky at 5-10

gamblore99
09-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets....

well?

Steve Giufre
09-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Gross.

SpaceAce
09-29-2004, 10:47 PM
If you insist on getting tricky, I think you should check-raise the turn, not lead out. If you're afraid of him checking behind with nothing but a draw, why didn't you three-bet the flop? This hand looks pretty ugly overall.

SpaceAce

gamblore99
09-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Ya thats pretty much what I expected.

Results are he folded.

I think the flop is ok. As for the turn bet, I thought it was ugly as soon as I pushed bet, although I think you guys are being a little harsh. I think it may have positive EV as a semibluff as I now have 4 queen outs, and 3 ace outs. Although Ace outs may not be good, And one of the queens may not be good, this is a decent draw. I did some calculations, with a large amount of assumptions and came up with it being +EV if he folds a little under 20%.

Maybe Im just being result oriented but the more I think about it the more I see it as ok.

stinkypete
09-30-2004, 04:06 AM
definitely qualifies as tricky /images/graemlins/smile.gif

my guess is he had something like 99 and wanted to see if you had a king.

emil3000
09-30-2004, 06:13 AM
Is 5-10 mid-limit? That's what i play, so I would like to know where to post. I've sorta assumed everthing under 10-20 qualifies as low limit.

Nick B.
09-30-2004, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is 5-10 mid-limit? That's what i play, so I would like to know where to post. I've sorta assumed everthing under 10-20 qualifies as low limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The small stakes forum description is up to $6-12 so take it how you please.

SpicyF
09-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Ok,

I myself dont think 5-10 is even remotely close to midlimit. But it dosen't matter, just being a nitpick.

Firstly, you play this hand without putting him on a hand, or even trying to guess what kind of hand he might have. Atleast you dont convey this knowledge in your post so I gather that you are just clicking randomly on the buttons and hoping for the best.

Secondly, I really don't wanna call this hand tricky at all, I would more call it bad play. The reason you might find it tricky is that you are resultsoriented.

chesspain
09-30-2004, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

As for the turn bet...I did some calculations, with a large amount of assumptions and came up with it being +EV if he folds a little under 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shudder to think about the nature of your assumptions.

DeeJ
09-30-2004, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so I gather that you are just clicking randomly on the buttons and hoping for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. That would be it, yes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually I should try this at .5/1 for 20 hands and see what the results are. Quest! (I haven't got the patience for longer than this).

TimM
09-30-2004, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for the turn bet...I did some calculations, with a large amount of assumptions and came up with it being +EV if he folds a little under 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy will fold a 5.7 BB pot for one bet a little under 20% of the time, he doesn't need any other assumptions. I guess you could use this kind of statement to justify any play, just vary the guy's folding percentage to whatever you need.

Gabe
09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I gather that you are just clicking randomly on the buttons and hoping for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Poker_pete
10-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Your call of the flop raise is weak, but the play on the turn is reasonable. I agree that some thought as to what this player called a raise with and then raised you with will often be helpful.

sthief09
10-03-2004, 11:35 AM
were you just in the mood for a good flaming when you posted this? I can't imagine anyone playing the hand like this and actually thinking he did good, or better yet, didn't misplay every street (except postflop), and posted a 5/10 hand in this forum.

now it's your turn to post that he folded and continue to think that everyone is wrong and you're right.

steveyz
10-03-2004, 11:37 AM
If you think he's on the flush draw, 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.

sthief09
10-03-2004, 11:38 AM
fold the flop to the raise. at best you have 3 outs.

the other day I played in a live game, I was bored, so I saw a flop in MP with 76o, and I hit a straight and won a pretty big pot. should I always play offsuit trash because I won this time? you getting him to fold is equivalent to me staying in with trash and making a straight. you thinking it's right is equivalent to me being retarded

sthief09
10-03-2004, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think he's on the flush draw, 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't possibly put him specifically on a flush draw, and even if you do, he's got 15 outs against you.

I think anything other than folding to the flop raise is pretty stupid. he took his stab, he got raised, he has nothing, he has the most popular card in the game as his overcard, and the pot is small. I don't see any reason to call the flop bet.

chesspain
10-03-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy will fold a 5.7 BB pot for one bet a little under 20% of the time, he doesn't need any other assumptions. I guess you could use this kind of statement to justify any play, just vary the guy's folding percentage to whatever you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reponse referred to his assumption(s) about why he thought that his opponent would fold here at least 20% of the time.

Kaz The Original
10-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Keep up the good work.

P.S.
WTF?

Regards, Zachary

astroglide
10-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I gather that you are just clicking randomly on the buttons and hoping for the best

LOL!