PDA

View Full Version : could someone explain

cockandbull
09-29-2004, 08:37 PM
How i can read certain posters from their 1st post to last, rather than last to first.

Cheers

harry

Dynasty
09-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Do a search on the poster. Then, start reading from the bottom of the list.

It's seems simple. What's the problem?

cockandbull
09-29-2004, 09:38 PM
i thought about doing that, but what if the guy has something like 4455 posts +. its a lot clicking next page to get to the beginning and just wondered if there was another way, thats all.

I mean i'd like to read some of the better players posts from beginning to end to see how how they progessed throught the limits etc.

Cerril
09-29-2004, 11:01 PM
I did a brief search and couldn't figure out how... what I'd suggest is doing a search by username for them and selecting 'older than xx/xx/xx' where that is a week or two after they registered. It's hardly ideal but you'll get some results

Dynasty
09-30-2004, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought about doing that, but what if the guy has something like 4455 posts +. its a lot clicking next page to get to the beginning and just wondered if there was another way, thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an option to increase the # of posts listed per page. Maximize that option.

James Boston
09-30-2004, 09:34 AM
That is the best idea, but something is up with the archives. I did that as a test and used David Sklansky since he would have been around from the beginning. I searched for posts older than 1 year. His oldest post that came up was dated 6/03, but he has been registered since 8/02. I doubt he spent nearly a year without a post. The oldest posts must be only available in the archives, and not accessible through a username search.