PDA

View Full Version : 55 flops a set.

Entity
09-29-2004, 08:02 PM
UTG+1 is loose preflop, mostly passive postflop. MP1 is a LAG of the finest variety.

Was I way too passive on the river? This table has been beating me over the head.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (23.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.25 BB

btspider
09-29-2004, 08:07 PM
I'd probably raise the river. If MP1 is a LAG, then you have him beat at least.

with the Ace out there, I'd probably just 3-bet the flop. people will call and you are not in a great relative position to the flop raiser to extract loads of bets on the turn. at least you got those cold-callers on the turn.

rewt75
09-29-2004, 08:13 PM
I'd raise the river. If someone turns over AQ, so be it.

Entity
09-29-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise the river. If MP1 is a LAG, then you have him beat at least.

with the Ace out there, I'd probably just 3-bet the flop. people will call and you are not in a great relative position to the flop raiser to extract loads of bets on the turn. at least you got those cold-callers on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-betting the flop went through my head. I knew that MP1 would lead the turn, so I figured I'd try to get it HU with him (or make the others face more expensive bets then) than reveal my strength on the flop.

Something about UTG+1 calling all those bets cold on the turn and then betting the river into me freaked me out. The mouse hovered over the raise button, then clicked call. Hmm.

Rob

Bez
09-29-2004, 08:15 PM
I'd bet/raise at every opportunity here. With no pre-flop raise you can't give anyone credit for AA, QQ or AQ. I also think with Q5 UTG+1 would be pumping the pot more on the flop and turn. I think you're ahead often enough here to raise the river.

btspider
09-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I agree it was odd. He could have a scared Q5 if he's a loose limper. I'm not sure why a KQ/QJ type hand would stick around for so long,

If UTG+1 was aggressive or MP1 was tight, then I would just call the river. Q5 may not even 3-bet the river and MP1 may call 2 cold with Ax. That's where I see enough overlay to raise the river.

EDIT: UTG+1 may be exhibiting the classic stop-n-go when 'improving' to 2-pair. He may have Ax as often as Qx here. Given all his calling so far, I will guess he had Ax.

PuertoKid
09-29-2004, 09:12 PM
You have to raise this on the river. One of em has trips, but full house pretty unlikely.