PDA

View Full Version : So this empire thing got me thinking

cnfuzzd
09-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Earlier this month, my affiliate "accidentally" dropped around five hundred dollars into my neteller account, then almost immediatly canceled the transaction. I think he just did this so that i would get hyped about being under him. I AM SO PISSED OFF. i want to call people names and yell. Oh yeah, and lets boycott my affiliate.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

peace

john nickle

Vollycat
09-29-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this month, my affiliate "accidentally" dropped around five hundred dollars into my neteller account, then almost immediatly canceled the transaction. I think he just did this so that i would get hyped about being under him. I AM SO PISSED OFF. i want to call people names and yell. Oh yeah, and lets boycott my affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this example and think it sums this whole Empire problem very well. If your bank messed up your account, you call them and get it straitened out--unless it's in your favor. Then you cross your fingers and hope-but you don't go buy a new car and then bitch because they found the error and take the money back. I understand that it may be a little shadey in getting a whole lot of new players/money into their accounts--that's bad. So I'm going to move the $$ I deposited back to where it was, and it'll be done with. IMO.

Plus without starting another thread... I am a little glad this whole fiasco is blowing over. Yeah I bought into the whole extra $500, and yeah I starting contributing to the rake, and yeah I'm a little upset about not getting free money (who wouldn't), but I'd like to comment on the game itself. I played for quite a while last night and experienced some of the toughest .5/1 and 1/2 games in a long time. Hmmm a whole bunch of experienced 5/10 to 15/30 players jumping into these games to clear the bonus--ouch for us newbies!! If my guess is halfway right, I bet a lot of the good players made a little money last night at these lower levels. Not complaining mind you, just observing!

Saint_D
09-29-2004, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played for quite a while last night and experienced some of the toughest .5/1 and 1/2 games in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

.5/1 is the only place I play (less than 10K hands total, still learning and so on.) Last night, whilst working on clearing my bonus I saw 2 of the softest tables ever! Practically everyone on the them was 50% VP%IP. I took in 18BB in 169 hands!

Sorry to hear your tables were harder. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Perhaps with the bonus gone, it will ease things up for you. Maybe we both just experienced some sort of swing. Me good, you bad. After 4000 hands I am 3bb/100, so I am guessing that I won't see 10bb/100 again for a while.

Anyway, I will be only to glad when this bonus thing blows over.

Vollycat
09-29-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.5/1 is the only place I play (less than 10K hands total, still learning and so on.) Last night, whilst working on clearing my bonus I saw 2 of the softest tables ever! Practically everyone on the them was 50% VP%IP. I took in 18BB in 169 hands!

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of this is still my ability to select a 'good' table. But I have never had: check raise with villian holding a set or 2 pair on flop, checked through until river with trip K's then major aggro, etc, before at this level. It was fun and a good learning experience--too bad my 250 hands ran at about -.5BB/100. No biggie! It's all fun! Still learning!

axioma
09-29-2004, 07:03 PM
decent 5/10 and 15/30 players are not going to jump into .5/1 games just to clear a bonus.

when you make money at thoose limmits, why would you move to lower, less profitable limmit just to clear a bonus?

Leavenfish
09-29-2004, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand that it may be a little shadey in getting a whole lot of new players/money into their accounts--that's bad. So I'm going to move the $$ I deposited back to where it was, and it'll be done with. IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said and without all the childish (they probably are teenagers) name calling of some other posters.

I would think it an honest mistake though. Why? Look at the kind of reaction that happened! Some people may never play there again--bad PR all the way round! Would they not have taken that into account? And all that for a one time net of however more raked hands they got over a few days? No, that would be bad a very bad business decison. I think on balance one should tend to attribute it to a screw up somewhere.

And a 'matching bonus?? That's so incredibily generous that the term 'buyer beware' should have popped into the minds of a few more people than it evidently did.

Oh, Joe, I loved the sage sarcasm in your post too...

---Leavenfish

Leavenfish
09-29-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
decent 5/10 and 15/30 players are not going to jump into .5/1 games just to clear a bonus.

when you make money at thoose limmits, why would you move to lower, less profitable limmit just to clear a bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever said they were 'making money' at 5/10 or 15/30? Most don't...and are probably 'bonus whores' as a result.

I'm sure many good players are bonus whores as well...but just think about it-- those that are running in the red at those limits are probably more likely to be whoreing themselves out to a multitude of sites.

---Leavenfish