PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Empire!

Ulysses
09-29-2004, 05:43 PM
A couple of days ago, I read about the $500 Empire bonus. Sounded like a screwup on a promotional offer, but what the hell, why not give it a try - $500 is $500 and I play there anyway. I put $500 in and received an email saying I had a bonus pending. I didn't log on yesterday, but sign on today and see that it was indeed a screwup and they took away the bonus. However, to make up for their screwup, they just stuck an extra $50 in my account. Thanks, Empire!

Nick B.
09-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Don't be rationale.

surfdoc
09-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Hehe. I actually transferred 1k in even though the max bonus was 500. Needed a bit of a roll at least because, well, I play huge. Went to work and found out they put in a $100 bonus. "Do you like apples? How do you like them apples." I made 100 for 10 seconds of work...hmmm..my hourly is now $36000/hr. Did I say I went to work..well that will be the last time. Forget work I am going PRO.

DeeJ
09-29-2004, 06:34 PM
There's a troll in this forum. Don't know where, but I can smell one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bisonbison
09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Empire apparently gets a royalty on every 2+2 post.

sfer
09-29-2004, 06:52 PM
This calls for a mass Thank You email writing campaign.

The_Tracker
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Well unfortunately it was not experienced by everyone in this fashion.

It really isn't difficult to piece things together. Most of the people that are pissed about this fall into a few categories.

1 - They are new players to empire and possibly pulled money from their bank accounts to utilize this bonus.

2 - Existing players of empire who moved move to the site to utilize the bonus. Then while trying to clear under such assumptions they lose x amount of money in the 24 hours empire let it go.

3 - Existing players of empire who moved money to utilize bonus. Then through multitabling were very near completion of the bonus when it was pulled.

These are the people that are pissed off.

I am # 2. What # are you?

Freudian
09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
4. People who already started planning how they were going to spend their 500$.:)

kurosh
09-29-2004, 08:20 PM
#3 140 hands away /images/graemlins/frown.gif

James282
09-29-2004, 08:25 PM
I remained loyal to the other party skins I play on, and I havenot received any 100$ bonus. We should all boycott the other skins and write them emails saying it's BULL$HIT that some skins get bonuses and others don't. Let's teach those fuckers a lesson.
-James

Moozh
09-29-2004, 08:32 PM
This is just silly. You need to let it go. You were not hurt in any way by any of this. In fact, you probably got a free $50 like all the rest of us.

[ QUOTE ]
1 - They are new players to empire and possibly pulled money from their bank accounts to utilize this bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt that more than a small percent of the people here at 2+2 fall into this category. For those who do, it's more than likely this was an affiliate code which would prevent them from receiving any rake-back in the future. Empire500 was an affiliate code if I remember correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
2 - Existing players of empire who moved move to the site to utilize the bonus. Then while trying to clear under such assumptions they lose x amount of money in the 24 hours empire let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this have anything to do with Empire? If you're a smart player, you should understand the difference between losing money to rake and losing money to other players. This is money that you would have lost regardless of where you might have been playing. As far as I see it, there's no difference between blaming a site for your own downswing and claiming a site is rigged. Downswings happen to everyone, deal with it.

[ QUOTE ]
3 - Existing players of empire who moved money to utilize bonus. Then through multitabling were very near completion of the bonus when it was pulled.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? How does this make their situation any different than that of a player who wasn't as close? Both deposited, both got 50 bucks.

[ QUOTE ]
I am # 2. What # are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering that I tried to cheat the system with an invalid bonus code and still got free money from Empire, I'm really not feeling that pissed off.

TxBuckeye
09-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Agreed. Made $31 at the table, got $40 for nothing (only had $400 in Neteller at the time) so basically got $71 for an hour's play. Not bad at all. Then again, I was expecting this to happen.

GuyOnTilt
09-29-2004, 11:50 PM

Using the above to justify a sense of being wronged is just plain stupid. I seriously can't believe 2+2'ers are using this as a reason to be upset. Absolutely ridiculous.

Their TOS clearly states that it's completely within Empire's rights to not honor this bonus code for those of us it was not intended for, which seems to be all of us. I think it's bad PR, but that's their call.

GoT

ripped
09-30-2004, 12:29 AM
#3 about 750 hands in when they stopped counting.. but I was playign long after they stopped..so I would say 1200 raked hands.

sthief09
09-30-2004, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This calls for a mass Thank You email writing campaign.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, we should do that just to confuse them more. they get a flood of hate mail followed by a flood of "thanks yous"

nolanfan34
09-30-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Their TOS clearly states that it's completely within Empire's rights to not honor this bonus code for those of us it was not intended for, which seems to be all of us. I think it's bad PR, but that's their call.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

But, but....but GoT, they sent an e-mail confirmation! An e-mail! That's as good as a contract! Let's sue them.

Ugh. I agree with your post 100%. I lost $17 while I played, and I don't give a damn. I don't see why any 2+2er should even care about that. What, were they not going to sit at home and play poker anyway? Sheesh.

MicroBob
09-30-2004, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What, were they not going to sit at home and play poker anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

so if this is important criteria I guess it would be okay for every site to take back every bonus they have ever given me.
"We gave you a $100 bonus a couple months ago and didn't really mean to. We know that you would have been playing poker anyway so we have decided to take that $100 back.
we know you'll understand. Watch for more EXCITING promotions and RipOffPoker.com!! Good luck at the tables!!"

Ulysses
09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Whoa. So, I go through the whole $500 bonus thing and end up getting a free $50 as an apology from Empire for the screwup. Nice. I was pretty happy. But now, I get a new email from Empire that says since they gave me a free $50 (without having to deposit again) and I wasn't able to get the full potential of a free $100 (by depositing $1000) they're giving me another bonus. So now if I make another deposit, they'll give me a free $100. These guys are great. They're giving me $150 now for accidentally letting me sign up for a bonus that I wasn't sent and didn't qualify for. Thanks again, Empire!

mrbaseball
09-30-2004, 02:53 PM
I assume this means you won't be joining the class action suit?

B Dids
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is just silly. You need to let it go. You were not hurt in any way by any of this. In fact, you probably got a free $50 like all the rest of us.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt that more than a small percent of the people here at 2+2 fall into this category. For those who do, it's more than likely this was an affiliate code which would prevent them from receiving any rake-back in the future. Empire500 was an affiliate code if I remember correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a few people who did this- but with the free 50, they still ended up netting a few $.

Diablo wins this thread. sfer came in second. The Tracker lost.