PDA

View Full Version : Who says you shouldn't post?

LegoDoom
09-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

It lead perfectly into my next hand:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Anything I should have done differently? Despite him not raising, I put MP1 on his hand. I had no clue what UTG+1 had.

tolbiny
09-29-2004, 04:07 PM
I raise the turn in the first hand- any ace will call you down, and any flush draw needs to get hit before the river comes.

Hand 2 i three bet the river, i would be putting MP1 on a hand like KJ most of the time (or even K9 who was going to c/r the turn or whatever) i am not to worried about QT untill the cap goes in, and still i wouldn't be that worried.

LegoDoom
09-29-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn in the first hand- any ace will call you down, and any flush draw needs to get hit before the river comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a little worried that a weak ace wouldn't call a raise. In retrospect, I could've gotten a extra bet out of it. If he just has a flush draw, he won't pay me off on 5th street when a diamond doesn't fall. I'm surprised he 3-bet the river though and am glad with the result.

MarkD
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
You should raise the turn in hand 1 as you will get paid off by a lot of hands in this spot. You may have gotten excees action on the river by not raising the turn but that doesn't change the fact that raising the turn is clearly best.

You should bet he turn in hand 2 and then check behind on the river if you don't improve. The way the actual hand played out I would have 3-bet the river when it came to me.

MoreWineII
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the turn in the first hand

[/ QUOTE ]

x2

tolbiny
09-29-2004, 04:26 PM
of a weak A folding in hand number 1 to a turn raise...Get up and move to a better game.... there is one like four feet to your left.

MastiffPaul
09-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I'll bite.

Don't post.

The action you catch from your miracle four of a kind doesn't make up for all the times you'll pay for a hand like 62o and catch nothing.

Richard Berg
09-29-2004, 08:57 PM
You're not paying for 62o, you're paying for 7 random hands.

elindauer
09-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Lego,

In hand 1, what is your logic for slowplaying the turn? I don't see any reason to do anything but raise there. Are you afraid he has a better 6? The problem is that a weak ace may now check-call the river, but would have called down your turn raise. Also, you may get action on the turn from a big ace that you might not get if the river is a diamond.

The only reason to wait for the river is if you know he'll bet all these hands on the river, allowing you to make the same amount but save a bet when the river is an ace. Is he that aggressive?

Hand 2 looks good to me.

Good luck.
Eric

LegoDoom
09-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I normally don't post, but I came in at CO and honestly didn't have a full session time to work with. From the two hands I saw before sitting down the game looked loose and I wasn't overly worried about what cards I'd get. Anyway, there was a thread on here yesterday about posting and I thought I'd share my experience.

In hand 1, I wasn't afraid of the other 6. I didn't figure anyone else to have it. I thought by betting the ace it would seem like I already had one and that a weak ace would fold or just call down, assuming we had the same hand. If the other player had a flush draw, then I made the wrong play. As it was, I figure I could get in a raise and maybe a 3-bet if I bet whatever came on the turn representing the flush draw (if it hit) or a lesser full house. To be honest, I don't know how to play that hand and would have probably gotten a totally different outcome if the last 6 didn't hit.

In hand 2, I put MP1 on AK. Don't know why he didn't raise before the flop, but I figured he had AK or KJ. The reason I didn't 3-bet the river was because UTG+1 suddenly came to life and bet out. As I found out, this guy would call any type of draw or 2nd/bottom pair hoping to catch a miracle, but would only bet or raise when he thought he had the best hand. I wish I could have stayed at the table longer than I did, but saw him dump a bunch of money chasing hands when he had little to no outs.

Results:
UTG+1 has Qd Tc (straight, ace high).
MP1 has Kc As (two pair, aces and kings).
Hero has Js Jc (three of a kind, jacks).

Again, I appreciate any advice, so speak up if there's a clear reason to play either hand differently.