PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet this flop?

MHarris
09-29-2004, 03:22 PM
BB in this hand has been jawing at me for an hour or so. I've just beaten him in a couple large pots and I suspect he may be steaming a bit. Prior to this orbit, his play has been loose-passive PF, silghtly aggressive postflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.
The C/R here confused me a little bit, because the board was pretty coordinated and BB would only show aggression with at least a good piece of the flop. However, he also seems to play more aggressively in almost every pot we're both involved in.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Call-down OK after the 3rd flush card hits?

MHarris
09-29-2004, 04:19 PM
bump

MarkD
09-29-2004, 04:26 PM
I don't knwo how long this post has been up but someone should have responded. This is one of those "typical" hands that I think a lot of us misplay therefore I think it is interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
Call-down OK after the 3rd flush card hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You should not be afraid of that 3rd flush card and because the card is lower than a ten you should be quite confident that you are still ahead on the turn and you should raise him for value. There is a very very good chance that you opponent will pay you off on the turn and the river when he has the worst hand and you have position so if the river comes down really bad for you then you still have the option of checking it after he checks to you. This is one of those spots where you must use your position to your advantage.

The only reason to just call on the flop after he check raises you is if you are planning on raising him on the turn or the river. If you aren't going to raise teh turn when the flush card comes then you should probably just play it straight up and raise him on the flop.

I actually prefer the line where you smooth call his flop CR and then raise him on the turn no matter what card comes.

PokerNoob
09-29-2004, 04:29 PM
No, given your read, let him run his bluff if that's what it is. If he's got you beat, you lose the minimum. If you've got him outkicked or whatever, this will drive him over the edge.