PDA

View Full Version : Overaggressive with AJs?

Entity
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Too aggressive preflop? Too passive postflop?

Villain is LA-P (59% VPIP, 12% PFR).

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

zuluking
09-29-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm sure someone (alot of someones) will disagree with me but...

If he's a true LA-P player, then his flop bet says something. I fold.

Entity
09-29-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone (alot of someones) will disagree with me but...

If he's a true LA-P player, then his flop bet says something. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
59% VPIP, 12% PFR, .43 Tot-A postflop. If he's got AK I'm drawing to runner runner hearts, if he's got KK I'm drawing to a bd straight / runner runner, if he's got QQ I've got a few more outs. I think you might be right on this one.

Rob

sluttysteve
09-29-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd say the preflop 3-bet is a little iffy, since no one else is in the pot.

Not exactly sure that I'd call the flop bet, but why not raise the turn? What exactly are you looking to hit?

Entity
09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say the preflop 3-bet is a little iffy, since no one else is in the pot.

Not exactly sure that I'd call the flop bet, but why not raise the turn? What exactly are you looking to hit?

[/ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I was either way ahead or way behind, and wanted to see a showdown.

I probably should've folded the flop. Still not sure about my PFR 3-bet.

Rob

Bukem_
09-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I think you're giving him way to much credit. He raises 12% of the time.. he could have K4s and feel like raising.

You look scared of the flop, even though you 3-bet pre-flop.
It seems more like he's betting out to your timidness than because his hand is as strong as the possibilities you are putting him on.

topspin
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
I ran into my first LA-P today too, and I'm curious about how people find them as oppoenents. I found the experience disconcerting, and my play was pretty mechanical; I ended up folding most of my hands and only playing premium hands, and those pretty much played themselves and didn't really make much postflop when they hit/held up. At least with the maniacs you can count on them to pay off your good hands to make up for folding all the more marginal ones PF.

Mons
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Interesting hand. Now my advice is no where near sound, but the preflop 3-bet doesn't seem all that bad considering how loose he is. The cap is of course scary, and I probably would have folded on the flop. But as long as you're in on the turn you should probably raise. If he calls you might be ahead of KQs or something to that effect. If he reraises AK is too frightening.

bonanz
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
this looks like a steal, he could be raising with anything there preflop. folded to him in mp3 so he can open raise with a wide range of hands. I'd raise the turn and see, if he plays back slow down and show down. i like the 3 bet heads up even though you are out of position. if he has AK AQ or KK, so be it.

no puss allowed

Gatts
09-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Bet the river, IMO. If raised I might fold, or I may look him up.

runa
09-29-2004, 06:05 PM
I thought the check/call, check/call, bet river would have been your play here. What was your thinking on checking the river?

Entity
09-29-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the check/call, check/call, bet river would have been your play here. What was your thinking on checking the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
If it hadn't been capped preflop, I probably would have taken this line. As it is, I probably should still have taken this line, or folded the flop.

Opponent had KK and MHING, but I'm still unsure of the proper line to take in these instances.

Rob