PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Game. What's the best line?

brick
09-29-2004, 02:02 PM
3-6 live.
Just moved to a crazy table. The guy 2 seats to my left and the guy 4 seats to my left both like to cap preflop but slow down a bit post flop. But will call with any piece. There have been lot of capped pots and so I’m planning to use the “drafting” technique.

I have AA this hand.

UTG limps, I limp, fold, Crazy 1 raises, call, Crazy 2 re-raises, a couple of folds, SB folds, BB calls 3 (he has a hand that ‘looks nice’).
So I call expecting Crazy 1 to cap it which he does and everyone calls.

6 ways for 4 bets.

Flop is:
46Q rainbow

Not bad. It’s checked to me. Your plan?

KowCiller
09-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Pot is big, best to try to protect your hand (nearly impossible in this spot?). I think I'd bet out, hoping the crazies will raise and reraies, and the BB won't call 3cold again.

Other than that, when ya got the bullets on a relatively tame board, gotta ram and jam IMO.

hopefully they held up! :-)

KoW

MoreWineII
09-29-2004, 02:59 PM
No reason to get fancy here, imo, bet and raise with impunity.

Bob T.
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Not bad. It’s checked to me. Your plan?

Start betting. When the turn is threebet, I start wondering if I am ahead.

Azhrarn
09-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Given your description of the opponents, I like going for the checkraise on the flop and trying to take control of the hand from there.

brick
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
humm. I had my mind set on raising the turn.

I guess that no matter what I do here I can't manipulate the betting consistently enough to make the field call 2 big bets. I’m stuck right in the middle. Even though the pot is huge and everyone will call a single small bet.

rjc199
09-29-2004, 06:38 PM
that idea of waiting till the turn is for RAISING, not betting. If you bet in this situation and somebody raises you it is prolly not correct to 3-bet. What you would want to do is CR the turn, and protect your hand that way.

And if there is no way to protect your hand, then just go by the example in the book of the AA overpair and pump the flop. When you can't protect, then just get paid.

ThrillFactor
09-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Bet the flop. If it comes back to me raised only once, I 3-bet. If it comes back to me 3-bet and I'm absolutely certain that one of the LAGs will bet the turn, then I smooth call the flop and check-raise the turn.

If in doubt, ram-and-jam well into the turn before you even begin to give them credit for a better hand.