PDA

View Full Version : Some more hands

Apocalypse
09-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Okay here we go again with the weirdest hands of the day:

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

River: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

two i detest, two im not sure about(in irregular order /images/graemlins/wink.gif ), but of course i lose em all /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Grisgra
09-29-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't have the BR or, frankly, the balls to play 10/20, and I'm unaware as to the aggression factor in 10/20 Pokerstars, but here are my comments regardless:

Hand #1: Why not bet the turn? Afraid of a checkraise from UTG's possible 8? Unless he's an uber-fish, guess is that he has either a flush draw or an eight. Obviously, if it's the former you need to bet, if it's the latter you need to slow down -- was that your thinking as well, plus you may induce a lesser hand to bet on the river?

On the river, I think the raise is correct after UTG folds, but I'd like to know what you'd do if you were 3-bet.

Hand #2:
I like to bet out on the flop from your spot some of the time -- if no one has an ace, often out they'll go. I guess it's a table texture thing.

The turn bet is fine, I think the river bet is bad -- what draws could he have been on that he'd fold now? Just can't see him calling the turn and then folding when the turn pairs.

Hand #3: I'd consider giving him credit for a queen and check the river. Player-dependent, I've been noticing in my (usually somewhat passive) games that when the SB bets out he's got top pair quite often. Though that's usually mostly the case when he's just completed and not raised pf. So he probably doesn't have Qx, come to think of it.

I expect you'd either be shown AJ, TT, or maybe he just couldn't get away from AK. I have that problem sometimes /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Or a really passive player with KQ.

Hand #4: I tend to bet the flop here. As you didn't . . . ugh, maybe you have to call him down as long as a club doesn't show up. You might consider raising the turn, it's the same # of bets and you might get him to fold something beating you -- if he 3-bets or bets the river, run away. You lose the same amount of money as calling to the river, and maybe you chase out a better hand?

Take all advice with a truckload of salt, be interesting to see what others think . . .

Nottom
09-29-2004, 01:47 PM
hand 1: I do this sometimes as well just to mix up my play, but I usually save it for when I am heads up. I don't think this is the place for it. Checking the turn indicates that you think that BB might have an 8 but then you raise the river anyway. If you are going to raise the river you should just go ahead and bet the turn to hopefully get a bet from BB if he is on the flush draw as well as to get a bet from UTG who you usually have beat. The only thing I can think of that inspired you this hand is that you thought UTG might have AA and once he folds you are pretty sure you have the BB beat, if thats the case I think you are just seeing monsters.

Hand 2: Tiny pot with some draws. You don't have any of them, let it go.

Hand 3: I will often check behind 0n the river. Thats probably too weak, but I'm not sure.

Hand 4: I've pretty much given up on isolating people with small pairs. I might do this with 77 and certianly 88 but I think I can lay down 66.

On the flop I'll fire abet and hope he missed and doesn't have a club. If I check I'm done with the hand. Given that you want to see a showdown I prefer a turn raise to calling down.

Nemesis
09-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Nottom this is the second time you've recommended a turn raise to calling down, i asked you once, but you never replied. Why do you recommend this line of play?

Ikke
09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
In hand 1 your flop, turn and river plays seem to be kinda contradictory. I'd like to see your thoughts why you liked/disliked your play.

Hand 2: Don't like bluffing through on the river, especially because MP was the one who called your turnbet. He was in last position on the flop, so when checked to he would most likely bet a flushdraw and stuff. So, when the turn is a total blank, with no other real draws then there already were on the flop, and it is MP who calls you, it is way more likely that he has some kind of showdown hand then a draw. So, your riverbluf will IMO succeed very rarely.

Regards

Nottom
09-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Becasue a raise might get overcards to fold or charge someone who is drawing, which is fine. I'm gonna call a river bet anyway so I still pay 2 BBs and I can't imagine anyone 3-betting a worst hand (unless they are a maniac in which case calling is fine) so I can safely fold if that happens.

steeser
09-30-2004, 03:40 PM
1. Bet the turn, bet the river
2. Bet the flop, and check-fold after that.
3. Good.
4. Bet the flop, fold to a raise, check fold after that.