PDA

View Full Version : AK against a weirdo, PP $2-4

ChicagoTroy
09-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Villian is a knucklehead and shortstacked. He bets, I raise, he calls. Then bets out on the next streets...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (15 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

namknils
09-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Odd hand. I had something similar to this last night.

I like how you played it, and I play it the same way. It looks like maybe he has a King and is waiting for you to back off, but then on the river he may have caught two pair.

I think you played it perfectly.

TerraUbrett
09-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Strange, but he maybe he has 99 and thinks if he just bets and raises you'll fold. I would have played it the same, even though I would have been particularly confused by the 3 bet on the river. I've often found myself with a hand such as yours thinking that maybe they caught two pair, just to find out that they have some low pocket trash and think they can bluff out of it...hell, they probably think it's good.

ChicagoTroy
09-29-2004, 01:56 PM
He has KQo, for the turned 2 pair. I liked how I played it in this game against this player, but since he certainly extracted maximum value with 2 bets on the turn and 3 on the river I thought I'd toss it out here.

TerraUbrett
09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
sh!t happens, i still think the play was correct, considering you thought he was a bad player.