PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Party-check or bet this river

mrwatson23
09-29-2004, 12:45 PM
I have Ks Kd in sb. UTG limps, next guy limps, next 3 players fold, cutoff limps, button limps, I raise, bb folds, all limpers call. 5 players, 11 small bets.

Flop: 9h 7h 4s.

I bet, utg raises, next guy cold calls, cutoff and button fold, I re-raise, utg calls, next guy calls. 3 players, 10 big bets.

Turn: Kc, so board is 9h 7h 4s Kc (i have top set now)

I bet, both players call. 3 players, 13 big bets.

River: 2h, so final board is 9h 7h 4s Kc 2h.

Should I check or bet?

MrGo
09-29-2004, 12:56 PM
I would check/call this simply because of position. You have to wonder what the guy who called two has, but I put UTG on the heart flush. I see too many times players raising on the come at Party.

samdash
09-29-2004, 12:59 PM
It sure seems like the 3rd player is drawing but he could have some kind of crazy straight draw or just a 9. I think you have the middle player pegged on some kind of pair that's about to pay off. But no way he's betting if you check - he can't beat a king. I think I like betting and calling a raise because sometimes you will be paid off by both players and its possible for a worse hand to raise you.

ActionBob
09-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Easy value bet. Its really not even close.

-ActionBob

MrGo
09-29-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy value bet. Its really not even close.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain please?

ActionBob
09-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I can think of a hundred hands other than flush draws that these players may have played this way in a typical Party 15 game and will likely not bet if you check. To just assume someone has the flush here is seeing some serious monsters under the bed and you are likely missing many, many value bets.

-ActionBob

exist
09-29-2004, 03:53 PM
when i first read this post i was surprised by the question because the answer seemed so obvious. clear value bet.

MrGo
09-29-2004, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can think of a hundred hands other than flush draws that these players may have played this way in a typical Party 15 game and will likely not bet if you check. To just assume someone has the flush here is seeing some serious monsters under the bed and you are likely missing many, many value bets.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's why I asked you to explain...trying to learn.

SA125
09-29-2004, 05:57 PM
There's 4 limpers and the SB raised. If it's a raise based on it being multi-way the range of hands he could be raising with, from a PP to QJs, is wide. The flop is 9 high with a draw. UTG could be raising there with a wide range of hands, to protect it or to just increase his odds in a nice pot by narrowing the field. That doesn't guarantee flush. Bet.

mplspoker
09-29-2004, 07:11 PM
bet and call raise you have KKK. Not even close.