PDA

View Full Version : Obscure but "some" poker content

chill888
09-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Anyone noticed that there are far less Homer Simpson's at Poker Stars? Have they all gone broke?

Are all hot babe pictures just guys from Sweden and Norway?

Has anyone played against a cat that is any good?

Ever noticed that pictures of a guy and his girlfriend are usually players that fold a lot to big raises (nagging?)

This stuff is GOLD .. Any other wisdom on tells from peoples photos.

gl

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-29-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone played against a cat that is any good?

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally find that players with pictures of pets play pretty poorly... (say it ten times fast /images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

The dogs are generally more agressive than the cats...

codewarrior
09-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Beware of anybody with a picture of an Enigma machine.

betgo
09-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I turn the pictures off, because some people think they can get an advantage with really obnoxious ones.

cowpie
09-29-2004, 02:13 PM
I have a tell, whenever I get pocket aces or pocket kings, I change my picture to a royal flush picture, and whenever I am bluffing, I change my picture to a scared monkey. Don't tell anyone.

Sam T.
09-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Since I'm mostly a Party player, I got into the habit of analyzing screen names.

I find that the more manly they try to appear, the worse they play. (URToast, FoldNow, PokerGod, etc.). And if anyone claims to be a pimp, big or otherwise, I put my crosshairs right between their eyes, and wait for them to double me up.

Players like, "Bob" give me the heebie jeebies.

chill888
09-29-2004, 02:37 PM
lol

nice photo

stupidsucker
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
my PS picture is my own ugly mug. Screen name TehBluffman.

What is my tell?

stupidsucker
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh and I think to watch out for the people with number names like "58489T4"

mackthefork
09-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I get the wobbles when someone with, lets just say 'aquatic reference' is at the table.

Regards Mack

chill888
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is my tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well since you can't spell "The" I assume you can't count pot odds and chase str8s and flushes too much. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

correct? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

parappa
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is my tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spellling it "Teh" indicates that you know what you're doing and I'd read you as tight and doubt that you bluff very much.

stupidsucker
09-29-2004, 03:36 PM
It amuses me to no end how often someone makes refernce to me not being able to spell.

Truth is I cant spell very well at all, but Teh is very intentional. People have actualy tried getting into arguments with me over it. A lot of people call me Ted, and this cracks me up too.

I do often wonder how ones moniker or picture effects the preception as a player.

I do bluff on occasion (more like blind steals). My name has a negative because once I do get caught on a blind steal so many players automatically assume that I am a true bluffer. People start spamming call him call him in the text box.

chill888
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It amuses me to no end how often someone makes refernce to me not being able to spell.

Truth is I cant spell very well at all, but Teh is very intentional. People have actualy tried getting into arguments with me over it. A lot of people call me Ted, and this cracks me up too.

I do often wonder how ones moniker or picture effects the preception as a player.

I do bluff on occasion (more like blind steals). My name has a negative because once I do get caught on a blind steal so many players automatically assume that I am a true bluffer. People start spamming call him call him in the text box.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is worth GOLD

Eder
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
The ones with a fish pic usually are...

wjmooner
09-29-2004, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The ones with a fish pic usually are...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players who are making a joke. They know too much terminology. Especially watch out for the brown trout pics.

What is the general consensus on the annoying little kid pics?

C

codewarrior
09-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Little goo goo pictures of somenody's retarded looking crotch fruit put me on tilt - I block them.

I also solemnly swear never to use a picture of TaxGoddess' and my kid, when we have one, as an Avatar of any sort. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My name is codewarrior, and I approved this post.

nolanfan34
09-29-2004, 08:15 PM
<------what about this pic? I hope it scares people into folding.

I will say that I rarely sit at a table without someone commenting that Robin Ventura sucks...

stupidsucker
09-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Are you maing fun of Stupid Sucker /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I sure hope so /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Granite
09-30-2004, 04:41 AM
I find people that use their kids photo's to be amusing.

"I have children, PLEASE don't bust me! They will starve!"

It's almost like those "BABY ON BOARD" signs. (Those signs make me stop and think that smashing into their car is a bad idea)

Granite

chill888
09-30-2004, 04:46 AM
I use a photo of myself at about 6 years old.

Partly because people assume child photo people stink at poker, But:

Mainly because it reminds me that I used to have hair.

The once and future king
09-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Anyone with a picture of regional pastry/pie dishes are to be respected and feared.

Allways fold to if they raise x33BB from the cut of. If they complete in the SB make sure to raise them all in as they never limp with power.

J.A.Sucker
09-30-2004, 02:20 PM
There is a chip__ho at Party. She's hilarious!

rybones
09-30-2004, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a chip__ho at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? does she have a pimp?

WC64
09-30-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use a photo of myself at about 6 years old.

Partly because people assume child photo people stink at poker, But:

Mainly because it reminds me that I used to have hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just great lol