PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad flop?

Bez
09-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, K folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero?

SB is relatively loose with regards to raising pre-flop. Taking into consideration that pre-flop SB must have used the raise-any button due to the speed of his re-raise, what do I do next?

digdeep
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I am curious how this would be played by better more experienced players? I encounter this scenario quite often myself, second pair with a decent kicker. Is it correct to reraise here, or do you call to see the turn, and then raise or fold depending on the turn card? I might reraise, considering SB is loose. Is a reraise -EV?

Thanks

Bez
09-29-2004, 02:39 PM
I like to be aggressive wherever possible and decided to raise. The fact that he had used the auto 'raise any' feature led me to believe he had either a decent pocket pair or AK. Working under the presumption that with AK, AA or KK I'd be re-raised, I thought I could see where I was with this raise and fold to a better hand.

After I raised, my opponent called and paid me off on the turn and river (both blanks) with QQ. It worked well for me this time, but I'm still not sure if it was the correct move. Am I giving away too much here when I'm up against a better hand which could go for a check-raise on the turn?

Cheers - Bez.

brettbrettr
09-29-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to be aggressive wherever possible and decided to raise. The fact that he had used the auto 'raise any' feature led me to believe he had either a decent pocket pair or AK. Working under the presumption that with AK, AA or KK I'd be re-raised, I thought I could see where I was with this raise and fold to a better hand.

After I raised, my opponent called and paid me off on the turn and river (both blanks) with QQ. It worked well for me this time, but I'm still not sure if it was the correct move. Am I giving away too much here when I'm up against a better hand which could go for a check-raise on the turn?

Cheers - Bez.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the raise due to autoraise. If you get reraised, anywhere really, I think you're done with it.