PDA

View Full Version : QJs - Overcards v PFR, got nada on the flop.

Ralph Wiggum
09-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Nothing too special, but not completely sure how to play this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.
Any problems with this call?

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero ???
So what's my plan for the rest of this hand? Do I bet/call (protect my hand)? Do I check/call (big chance I'm behind)?

House-Lion
10-28-2004, 07:48 AM
ttt for this one

I think you should fold to the flop-bet, you got 3 callers ahead of you and just two meeky overcards that might not be good (you are in risk of being dominated by the raiser or behind to a bigger pocket-pair), no back-door flush but a possible oponent with flush-draw... so counting outs would be tops 1 outs for your back-door str, and the value of 3 to 4 for your weak over-cards, and even if your overcards are good there is the risk you are drawing to a split.

Now you did call, and are in a somewhat tricky position. If you bet and pre-flop bettor raises you dont know where you are but likely you are out-kicked or worse. If you get raised by anyone else I think you can safely fold.

StellarWind
10-28-2004, 10:37 AM
You got everything you wanted on the turn and you are afraid to even bet your hand.

What does that say about your flop call? Overpair = drawing dead. One of four opponents has an eight = drawing dead. Domination by AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ/JJ = only three outs. Easy fold.

I bet the turn for value/protection. Maybe the eights will prevent PFR from raising with KK.