PDA

View Full Version : The Value of a Good Read...

Dov
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Poker Room 2/4 4 handed

I am SB with 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, MP folds, I complete, BB checks

I was only playing this hand to mix things up a bit, I have only been showing high cards and I figured that if I hit this flop, someone would tilt pretty badly. I also had very solid reads on the 2 guys in the pot with me as we had been playing over an hour. (No pokertracker, real reads)

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked through

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me an open ender

I bet, BB calls, UTG folds - At this point, I have BB on overcards, hopefully an A /images/graemlins/wink.gif

River T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif - giving me the nut low /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I decide that he still has overcards, so I bet.

Comments please.

Results in white below:

<font color="white"> BB folds and I take the pot. </font>

imitation
09-29-2004, 10:51 AM
I don't usually put someone on overcards when they call a bigbet on the turn in a tiny pot getting 2.5:1, the only note I would need on BB is idiot...

Dov
09-29-2004, 10:57 AM
That's the point of having a good read. You know when to deviate from the norm.

imitation
09-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I am going to disagree I don't think your read here could, infact should, be that narrow, do you want to know what I see happening here more often you bet the river and are shown middle pair/bottom pair + overcards or top pair shitty kicker...I agree reads are useful and can guide your play, but you cannot read his hand from his play in this hand and I think your river bluff is not good...