PDA

View Full Version : Minraise on very uncoordinated flop - Party $100 NL

JrJordan
09-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Another iffy hand for the night. No read on the villain as I've just sat.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed)

BB ($563.2)
UTG ($216)
UTG+1 ($451.05)
MP1 ($73.7)
MP2 ($214.75)
Hero ($97)
Button ($162.1)
SB ($173.9)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $6, UTG+1 calls $6.

Flop: ($25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $36</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $18.

Turn: ($97) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets $53</font>, Hero calls $51(All-In)

The board is very uncoordinated on this flop. The only real possibilities are 22 or 44, which seem unlikely as he'd probably raise me on the turn with my shown aggression. More likely hands are lower Q's like KQ or QJ. Does this seem like a decent line to call his minraise, then get it all in on the turn? I imagine this allows me to win more when he does have QJ or KQ, than I would if I just reraised all in on the flop. Comments?

schwza
09-29-2004, 10:33 AM
i think you played it fine. i assume you were gonna push the turn if he didn't?

JrJordan
09-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Okay, just wanted to make sure I'm not too crazy. Guy flips over KK and nails me for my stack on his perfect flop. I guess I never really considered an overpair, but it seems like legitimate way to play against a TAG who will bet the flop on a made or missed hand (of course I'm sure he had no clue and just thought slowplaying KK was fun). Still, with these short stacks I don't think there's any way to get away from it.

cagedman
09-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Might be weak-tight but I think I might like to fold after the reraise... After all your aggression flop and preflop just seems like whatever he's got he's not scared of a pair or an overpair... Unless he hasn't been playing solidly.

Wayfare
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
I assume there are many dozens of hands where you stack the guy without comment -- seems like all your hands are ones you get crushed in!

JrJordan
09-29-2004, 09:05 PM
I think you got me Wayfare. I'm being pretty results oriented here. If he flips over KQ or QJ here I automatically think "great play" to myself and move on. Let it fall off the front page into oblivion...