PDA

View Full Version : Miami (Ohio) vs. Marshall

MicroBob
09-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Anyone have thoughts on this game.

I once went 12 years without missing a single Miami (Ohio) home basketball game so my views are somewhat tainted.

Still, I think Miami +7 and Miami +241 are decent bets here.
Marshall is tough at home and has lost close games against 3 good opponents (Troy, Ohio St, Georgia) and is still probably the favorite in the MAC even though they are 0-3. but these rivals traditionally play a pretty competitive game.
I think Miami can play with them.

Miami lost disappointingly to Cincinnati 45-26.
Their 40-20 win over Ohio was just 10-0 at half and then they exploded for 23 points in the 3rd Q. miami had 3 early turnovers in that game and I doubt Coach Hoeppner will allow something like that to repeat itself in such a big game.
I don't read as much on their win over Indiana St 49-0 or their loss to Michigan 42-10.

Both teams haven't played since last Saturday so should be well-rested.

For those who don't know...Marshall has terrific fan support and they probably have the most significant home-field advantage in the conference (although it didn't seem to bother Troy too much). Some may be interested in considering that factor.
I think one can also consider that the Marshall fan following may indeed help to keep the line higher just a little bit. I really think +5 and +180 or so would be justified on this game.

+7 and +241 is an awful lot for a Miami team that is still extremely respectable even without Roethlesberger.

Easy E
09-29-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm never sure if I am viewing things in an unbiased manner.

We'll see what happens!

willie
09-29-2004, 11:18 AM
i go to UB, you know how disheartening it is to read about any form of MAC football....

good god our team should be herded into a hole and shot.

Prior22
09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
I think Marshall will win by 10. Take that for what it's worth....probably not much.

Easy E
09-29-2004, 02:20 PM
... you didn't follow that with your YTD record to "back" it up... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

scalf
09-29-2004, 07:39 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gifmarshall -7 here..gl..

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Michael Davis
09-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Stop betting on Miami and QBs who played there.

-Michael

MicroBob
09-29-2004, 08:02 PM
FWIW - The only bet that I'm putting on CIN-PIT this Sunday is on the over.
I think PIT -3.5 is about right...not much value either way.

Sure thought I had already lost this Miami-Marshall game just a few minutes in. Geez those guys are TO-prone. They almost fumbled it away at the goal-line before taking the lead.

I was tempted to take the over in Miami-Marshall but decided not to. Woulda, coulda, shoulda on that one it looks like.
But the way this thing started I'm just happy Miami isn't down 24-0 now.

MicroBob
09-29-2004, 11:25 PM
good golly did my alma-mater look terrible.
amazing that they actually hung around in this thing.

They looked like they had an allergy to footballs on several plays.

Prior22
09-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Miami, OH has been turnover prone, they also have been allowing their opponents a high percentage of 3rd down conversions. Those 2 reasons and Marshall's strength of schedule were the main reasons I went with them.