PDA

View Full Version : A New Home For the Expos

The Dude
09-29-2004, 05:37 AM
CNN just reported that the Expos will play their last home game in Montreal today. Next season they will be based in Washington, D.C.

nolanfan34
09-29-2004, 12:01 PM
About time. D.C. residents...you better hurry to get your season tickets to see that Jose Vidro led offense!

ThaSaltCracka
09-29-2004, 12:45 PM
its actually a good market, plus possible new ownership, so I don't expect them to suck or be as cheap as they are for long.

PhatTBoll
09-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Anything will be better than driving 3 hours from central Virginia to watch the freakin Orioles.

bosoxfan
09-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Are they going to be the Senators or does Texas still own that name?

Dynasty
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are they going to be the Senators or does Texas still own that name?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Texas Rangers still own that name.

Also, the local Washington politicians don't want the Senators name used. They say it shouldn't be used because Washington D.C. doesn't have any representation in Congress.

nolanfan34
09-29-2004, 04:09 PM
I can't remember who on here suggested Washington Generals, but that would be priceless. Something involving Federals would be good too.

Of course given the names of the last few franchises added, it'll probably be something like the CyberCats, or a similar Arena-sounding name.

ThaSaltCracka
09-29-2004, 04:18 PM
what about the Washington Presidents? I kind of like that.
Then they need to trade for Kelvim Escobar,and he can walk around saying "I am El Presidente Escobar", think of the horror in D.C.

It'll probably be something dumb though like Washington [indigenous carnivore]'s /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
ESPN has a poll on what the new expos name should be. "Interns" is ahead by a wide margin /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GWB
09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
I am excited that the Washington Red Inkers are coming to Washington.

This has been one big drawback of being President, no local Baseball team in DC. Now there is another reason to stay here four more years. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Salt,
Don't think you can ignore us in the Politics forum. You will have to post there eventually, and I like your often middle-of-the-road opinions.

W

vulturesrow
09-29-2004, 06:29 PM
On the Dan Patrick show the name Washington Greys (Grays?) was put forth as a tribute to the Negro League team.