PDA

View Full Version : Empire bonus players should think about this

rez
09-29-2004, 05:26 AM
From the site's terms and conditions:

6. All cash outs are subject to audit before processing. EmpirePoker.com reserves the right to reclaim bonuses or any winnings for failed audits.

If I understand this correctly, they could have kept the bonus in the accounts and let the players play through the required raked hands and then pulled the bonus from the accounts when a cashout was attempted.

They actually did everyone who was not entitled to this bonus a favor by pulling the bonus now, instead of waiting.

Maybe you guys should send them a email and thank them /images/graemlins/wink.gif

uw_madtown
09-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Not that I want to encourage another thread on this whole mess, but this is an important point.

They did nothing to violate their TOS. It's right there -- they say that bonuses can be yanked.

If you feel that this is poor service, then boycott, fine. But they didn't "steal" your money. When you signed up, you acknowledged that they could do this to your bonuses because it's right in the TOS.

The_Tracker
09-29-2004, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From the site's terms and conditions:

6. All cash outs are subject to audit before processing. EmpirePoker.com reserves the right to reclaim bonuses or any winnings for failed audits.

If I understand this correctly, they could have kept the bonus in the accounts and let the players play through the required raked hands and then pulled the bonus from the accounts when a cashout was attempted.

They actually did everyone who was not entitled to this bonus a favor by pulling the bonus now, instead of waiting.

Maybe you guys should send them a email and thank them /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so the logic here is, "they could have [censored] us over far more than they did so we should thank them."

I guess we know who the weak passive, and who the solid aggresive players are at this forum. Just read the posts regarding this scam.

I think you know who you are.

uw_madtown
09-29-2004, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess we know who the weak passive, and who the solid aggresive players are at this forum. Just read the posts regarding this scam.

[/ QUOTE ]

My aggression factor in PT is Flop - 4.09, Turn - 4, River - 3.22, Overall - 3.69.

I'll take some insults, but calling me weak-tight will not be allowed! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

- UW
- needs to stop bragging about his hyper-aggression

bicyclekick
09-29-2004, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you know who you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont speak for nate on this one, but I personally am hurt!!!

ripped
09-29-2004, 05:37 AM
ahem..he said weak passive..

uw_madtown
09-29-2004, 05:38 AM
Is that even a real term?

Doesn't weak = passive?

(I never claimed to be good, just aggressive)

MicroBob
09-29-2004, 05:57 AM
If I get a bonus I expect them to follow through on it.
I am not claiming that it is 'stealing'.

I am saying that I trusted that I was to receive this bonus because I received an e-mail telling me as much.

I have not received any e-mail or explanation about taking the bonus back.

Their performance in this matter has been extremely unprofessional thus far and I feel I can no longer rely on them thus I will not be playing there any more until I feel somewhat convinced otherwise to give them a try again.

They would have been much better off to let everyone keep the $500 bonus (which really doesn't cost them that much) and avoid the PR nightmare of a bunch of regular semi-to-full/time players boycott their site.

That said, I lost quite a bit on this and am not terribly upset by it. Just disappointed in Empire's performance regarding this issue.
I would have initially speculated that there was around a 5% chance that they would actually wake-up and realize that their current players were getting big reloads that they did not want them to get and actually go so far as to pull the funds back.
So I'm not entirely surprised by their move. I think it's a terrible mistake on their part (pulling the funds back that is) but it doesn't surprise me and I'm not that bothered by it.

You win some , you lose some.
And I'll just stop playing there (at least for the time-being...and possibly longer than that).

sin808
09-29-2004, 06:15 AM
Doesn't really bother me too much, so I'll actually have to win it now. That was the original plan anyway /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just got this from them and I think it's a pretty decent resolution.

Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 2:06 AM
To:
Subject: Apologies from Empirepoker

Dear xxxx,

Thank You for playing at EmpirePoker.com.

Due to a system error, an erroneous bonus transaction was credited to your account. This bonus transaction has been reversed as of now.

We apologize for the error and would like to assure you that corrective actions have been taken for the error not to repeat.

To make up for this, we are pleased to award you with ‘HOTSEP’, a 10% up to $100 bonus. This bonus will be directly released into your account in the next 3 hours and its value will depend on your last deposit amount. You don't need to play raked hands or deposit again for the bonus to be released into your account.

For more information on endless, non-stop events and promotions taking place on Empire Poker, check the News & Events section of our website.

See you at the tables,

Promotions Department

Empire Poker

www.empirepoker.com (http://www.empirepoker.com)

info@empirepoker.com

uw_madtown
09-29-2004, 06:25 AM
I just got this as well. Glad to see they're doing something.

Don't get me wrong, I think yanking the bonus was a crappy thing of them to do as well. I just can't find the energy to get worked up about it. It was pretty obvious that it was a loophole being exploited, IMO. While I'd hope that they would honor such a thing, I didn't really expect them to.

Beck
09-29-2004, 06:50 AM
I deposited $500.
A few moments later I got the email about the 10% (max $100) HOTSEP bonus.
Now They've released the HOTSEP bonus of $50 based on that first deposit, not giving me the chance to use it to it fullest.

ChristinaB
09-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Empire has taken away up to $550 from people's bonus accounts, and are giving this $50 as compensation.

Empire has screwed a lot of people today.

mmbt0ne
09-29-2004, 10:11 AM
All that $50 does for me is cover the Neteller charge of pulling $500 out of my bank account. So that kinda sucks. I didn't even make that $50 /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Oh well, a few more hands and I'll get my $75 new player bonus. Then I can cash out and try to figure out what to do next.