PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree lights

wacki
09-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Pull out a 50 foot strand of christmas tree lights.

Plug into the wall strand glows .... POP .... strand goes out.
Test each bulb in strand, find burnt bulb, pull bulb out of a different strand of lights and replace.
Test each bulb in strand, find burnt bulb, pull bulb out of a different strand of lights and replace.

I know realize that my time is better spent simply buying a new strand of christmas tree lights. Suddenly a rush of testosterone flows through me. The christmas tree lights become my enemy, I must defeat my enemy. I cannot lose this battle.

repeated 45 times.... still not done.

Go outside, start the barbecue, place strand on barbecue, crack open a beer and laugh maniacally....

nothumb
09-29-2004, 03:31 AM
Dude, it's feckin September. What the hell are you doing?

NT

wacki
09-29-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, it's feckin September. What the hell are you doing?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Party lights.

tolbiny
09-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Wacki-
your problem is that your string of lights is pulling to much power from your wall, which in turn is burning one of the bulbs out, which in turn solves the power problem. Replacing the bulbs will not work, ever.
Your best bet is to buy a new string of bulbs and try that, if they brun out, try a couple of different outlets in your house (ones controlled by different circut breakers.
I imagine that you will find a different outlet will solve this problem, and that x-mass lights are probably fairly susseceptible to things like this, and it isnt a danger to your TV/microwave/other appliences with a higher tolerence. However, you may want to get an electrician's opinion on it (unless the new lights work fine in the outlet) because you can screw things up in this way if the problem is more serious than you thought.

jagoff
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
210...220....whatever works!

pudley4
09-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Your problem is you buy crappy lights that are wired in sequence (so if one goes out, the whole strand is out). Spend a little more and buy the strands that stay lit even if some bulbs are burned out.

craig r
09-29-2004, 08:10 PM
that is so funny...i haven't heard that forever.

craig