PDA

View Full Version : Defending the BB.

TripleH68
09-29-2004, 12:26 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Notes on CO show he will make plays. I felt there was a good chance his raise was a steal attempt, but the board gets tricky. Would appreciate comments on all streets...

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

ErrantNight
09-29-2004, 02:20 AM
you ended up putting up 4bbs in a headsup pot that played out like this?

i'm not sure when the best time to get out of this hand is if you're committed to making that call preflop... so i suspect either folding preflop or check/calling all the way down might be the line

TripleH68
09-29-2004, 02:39 AM
I am usually weak-tight about defending. I am working on that and I was committed to calling this guy down here once I got a piece of the flop. Turns out he was playing 87off this time.

PooFighter
09-29-2004, 02:46 AM
What's wrong with defending with KTo? I know it's read dependent but unless I know opponent rarely steals I think you have to defend with KTo or even worse. I'd play post flop the same.

ErrantNight
09-29-2004, 03:04 AM
didn't say there was anything wrong with it. you just sometimes end up in this situation. against a likely steal raise this seems standard. i don't know if i raise the flop.

j0n_blayze
09-29-2004, 03:33 AM
This is the line i use on real LAG's: If i really think this he is stealing then i would re-raise PF. If he caps then I have important info about what he could have and i might fold more frequently at flop and beyond. If not I would call-call then bet out the river and call a raise if i put him on two crappy pair. If he raises me on the flop after I three-bet PF then I can safely check-fold the turn knowing he has a J or Q . Anyone else use this line against LAG's? It has been profitable for me.