PDA

View Full Version : simple AA post

Jonny
09-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Paradise NL200, 1/2 blinds

I get AA UTG +1 and open to 10. Get 6 callers. Now I would usually only raise to 8 but the BB was a maniac who would defend at all costs, plus an overall loose game.

Flop: JQ3r. I lead out for 50 into a 60 pot.....

Correct play?

Mackerel
09-29-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm not the biggest expert here, and you don't say anything about stack sizes, but there are a lot of drawing hands possible, so I'd probably overbet the pot, maybe $100, fold if a reasonable player comes over the top of me, and check the turn if I get called, unless I hit the A, then it's a judgement call based on my read of the player and the stack sizes. If somebody bets the turn after calling the overbet, they've got it most of the time.

Jonny
09-29-2004, 01:22 AM
they all folded

p.s. I wouldnt mind one player calling on a draw, he doesnt have odds.

ansky451
09-29-2004, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the biggest expert here, and you don't say anything about stack sizes, but there are a lot of drawing hands possible, so I'd probably overbet the pot, maybe $100, fold if a reasonable player comes over the top of me, and check the turn if I get called, unless I hit the A, then it's a judgement call based on my read of the player and the stack sizes. If somebody bets the turn after calling the overbet, they've got it most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to think that a pot sized bet is in order here, not an overbet. If you have a 200 sized stack, then betting 100 would tie you to the pot, and you wouldn't be able to fold i dont think, if you got reraised. Any set or JQ(s) are very possible here. Therefore, because there are draws possible, a pot sized bet would either get the opponents to call with poor odds, or leave the hero with enough chips to fold to a big reraise if you get a significant read that you are behind. Whereas if you bet 100, i doubt anyone would call with say, an open draw, when they might have with a pot sized bet--which would be insufficient odds anyway. In addition, a bet of 100 would basically commit you to the pot IMO.