PDA

View Full Version : I thought 2-7 draw was on tonite?

B Mando
09-29-2004, 12:05 AM
I thought ESPN was going to air the duece to seven event tonite? I turned it on at 9 when it was supposed to be on and saw NL Holdem...it was a good one but I had already seen it and I wanted to see Barry Greinstein work his magic.....BOO ESPN!

3rdEye
09-29-2004, 01:48 AM
I thought the same thing...and so did my TiVo. Guess ESPN lied to us both.

Spook
09-29-2004, 09:16 AM
it should be on the deuce at 5 this afternoon. (according to another post here)

Tom Bayes
09-29-2004, 10:04 AM
According to Oliver Tse, a frequent poster on RGP who seems to have a pretty good pulse on the media (particularly TV) when it comes to poker, the 2-7 episode has been cancelled and will not be shown. I hope this is not true and it will be aired at some other time, but I'm not suprised. I bet ESPN won't dabble with other games besides NL holdem in the future.

Easy E
09-29-2004, 10:37 AM
since Oliver responded to me on RGP. I'm trying to get more information from him.

I wonder if the non-holdem ratings for the other WSOP shows weren't high enough?

I'm very disappointed in ESPN's decision to cancel, if that is what they are doing.

rjc199
09-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Actually they did show 2-7 draw, but they totally faked the hole and board cards with stuff from a holdem tournament. I guess they figured it would be more exciting and that nobody would notice the difference anyway. lol

Paul Phillips
09-29-2004, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm very disappointed in ESPN's decision to cancel, if that is what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer for me if they have indeed cancelled the $3K NLH event, which I see no reason to disbelieve. Now the world will never get to see me get all-in with QQ against 77 6-handed for 40+% of the chips on the table only to see kabbaj river a straight. It was probably my most unruffled big-money bad beat moment ever. I was kind of looking forward to seeing it.

Joseph Busti
09-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Even worse than getting Aces cracked twice in a row.